• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Interviewed for BDC job got asked to interview for sales

B

bfennell

I got asked to interview for a BDC job because I have SEO skills, they gave the position to someone else and called me to come back Friday for a sales position. I have no auto experience and only sales expereince is really in my SEO business. I am not a person who has tons of contacts to reach out to either.

What kind of questions should I ask in my interview to know if its a good deal? Its a Chevy, Buick GMC new used dealership in a town of 30k. 1 hour east of Chicago.

Part 2, if i get the job, what do I need to learn and what resources can you point me to?

Thanks in advance.

@bill, Automobile Sales Jobs are hard to judge as a good deal. Being from the Chicago area I know of many dealer groups that are good to work for and some who are not. You seo skills will not help you sell cars if you are on the sales floor. Your seo sales skills will. If you have passion, the ability to hear the word "no" and not quit, and like people you will succeed. Listening skills are very important too. A car sales job is what you make of it. If you give 100% effort to every client, every time you will shine. I wish you the best of luck!

BTW, where do you live?