• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inventory Management Help Please

JoeC

Full Sticker + Prep
May 13, 2010
First Name
Joe
I have had the worst luck with inventory management providers. First with Vin Solutions who couldn't operate correctly with the UCS and Reynolds DMS System and now with Dealer Specialties. I finally was able to get the Ricoh camera we purchased from Vin Solutions (after they messed with the firmware) working with Dealer Specialties. Then, when all was supposedly "good" I discovered that Dealer Specialties "caps" the amount of each download equivalent to about 30 pictures of 5 cars (150 photos). Anymore than that it doesn't upload! What! Are you kidding? Then I spoke with the ONLY guy in Dealer Specialties that knows how to operate the camera (im not exaggerating, there's only 1 person who happens to be a head programmer/manager who has a lot on his plate). He said it may be a few days, which happened to be weeks ago. The poor franchisee cant do anything because he doesn't have anyone on the DIY system but in all fairness, he tries his best. Not to mention when the few vehicles upload they are all out of order as the program reads in binary order, not sequential. So when the camera hits picture 11 it thinks it's picture 2. So I have a nice front shot, then a beautiful tire shot for the second photo. </br>

SO WHAT DO I DO? Any suggestions? I called Home Net to schedule a demo two days ago and no call back. Business must be good. Has anyone had experience with iMagics IMS? Their ILM/CRM is great so at least I believe in the company. Anyone else? Any help would be much appreciated!!!
-Frustrated

Hi Joe,

Jason Miller with eCarList here. If you are not familiar with our product or have just never had a chance to take a closer look I would definitely recommend doing so. We offer our dealers full inventory management, pricing analytics, fully custom websites and much more.

We work with many dealers who are on the UCS / Reynolds system. Let me know if you are interested in setting up a time for demo. We are happy to walk you through our products and services!

We can talk Matt. To be honest within the next 30 days we will be fully converted to the "tradional Reynolds system", So no more uploads to the FTP clients and that mess. All I want is a good, efficient DIY tool. I'm not looking for microsites although would need the vehicle galleries for SEO. Anyone who is interested in a proposal for two stores please contact me.

Hey Joe - we will have someone from Dealer Specialties contact you this morning. Sorry for your troubles, we've had some issues in the past with problems for dealers trying to upload too many photos at a time. I think we can probably turn off that cap for you if that is the problem. Most dealers seem to use their own cameras rather than the Ricoh camera system you mention, so, we don't have a ton of support for that Ricoh system... that being said, we'll b sure to help you out on this ASAP.

We use DS for our 6 Dealerships and I have been trying to write my own app to use the .mta file to create folders on my camera, take pics (in the created folders) and re batch upload that way. Trying to save some bucks on a camera. Will any VIN Camera work on DS? I have a line on a Vin Solutions Camera cheap. BTW,, Im a programmer so I know what it needs to do, just haven't figured out how yet ;)