• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is anyone using mobile credit application tool?

Curious,

How is mobile browser security encryption compared with a regular browser and would that be a liability to the dealership is there is a breach in the security of transferring the data?

It's actually quite good on smartphones as long as the connection to the site is encrypted. Cellular data connections are much more secure than Wifi. I think one of the big problems with credit apps on mobile is there's a lot of data to input, and can be quite cumbersome on devices meant to consume information rather than input it.

It's actually quite good on smartphones as long as the connection to the site is encrypted. Cellular data connections are much more secure than Wifi. I think one of the big problems with credit apps on mobile is there's a lot of data to input, and can be quite cumbersome on devices meant to consume information rather than input it.

You mention smart phones, so if the security is dependent on the device some type of disclaimer needs to be provided to the customer to the effect that security may be an issue depending on the hardware used.

On the second point yes, I think that was Brian's line of thought: How is that working? Most guys that do finance would agree that a guy willing to apply online/onmobile is a guy willing to buy. Even if we get just a little bit of data SO we can call the guy and finish the application would make a good utility.

Ya...Point of contact would be cool, but secure info would be nice as well....

what about mobile chat? I've seen dealerfire mobile sites with this, dealer.com keeps telling me no :(......Anyone with a dealer.com site able to find a work around, also any dealers with mobile chat getting any leads from this?

Taking Deposits, paying for service repair bills..
I forget what the fees are on some of these devices, but some of them are alright.
I think the concept was meant for more mobile companies.

BUT idea.. Take car to customers home or office, if they love it, let them put a deposit on the car on the spot with this..

822432c646a53c952dd17f9a74769c7e.png

Reactions: 1 person
We offer a mobile version of our DriveItNow service that does a real credit pre-qualification and only requires minimal input (name, zip & phone) from the user. We do an address lookup to populate that. We also give them the option of pre-filling with FaceBook.

After that, it pretty much works the same as the desktop version which shows real monthly payments based on a real credit bureau. This lead is then sent to the dealer's CRM system.

The mobile version generates more than 25% of the total leads our dealers receive from the DriveItNow service.

You can demo it right now on your smartphone by typing in the DriveItNow URL.

Attachments

• DriveItNow Mobile.jpg
    DriveItNow Mobile.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1