• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is your lead generation process world class?

Dealersolutions

Lot Lizard
Sep 30, 2023
Awards
First Name
Bill
As a dealership, you're number one priority is getting interested buyers to regularly frequent your showroom.

In other words, a steady stream of qualified leads visiting your dealership is the key to consistently achieving a high performance retail outlet. High performance can be defined as moving thousands of units on an annual basis. The optimal specific number of sold units annually obviously depends on the type and size of the dealership of course.

The entire cycle begins with interested buyers.

Some dealerships have a marketing team dedicated to generating interest. Some dealerships task their sales team with this impactful responsibility. Other dealerships outsource lead generation (marketing/advertising) to an agency.

It's important to closely examine each strategy because as the saying goes: " the devil's in the details." The details here really really matter.

* Internal marketing- these are the advantages and pitfalls.
  1. advantage- accessibility- Management has close proximity so they can easily touch base, set expectations in real time and have in person and ongoing conversations about performance.
  2. advantage- quality control- the dealership can hand pick their marketing staff. They can also weigh in on the marketing and advertising material in use.
  3. pitfall- resource constraints- your marketing team may understand the importance of media. They may recognize the impact of a comprehensive strategy. But in most cases, they lack the internal resources to effectively execute. They're executing based on data specific to one dealership (independent, group, franchise) they don't have access to what's happening at other dealerships across the board. This means their judgement is narrow and so are their efforts.

*Internal sales-these are the advantages and pitfalls.
  1. advantage- incentives- if your sales team is tasked with lead generation, their performance will largely depend on the efforts they dedicate to producing qualified leads.
  2. pitfall- impractical- your sales team is specifically hired to close deals. This ought to be their only priority. Preserving their time, energy and resources so that their focus is solely dedicated to generating sales is a massively important detail. If their efforts and attention are sprayed in different directions they become masters of none. Sales teams simply don't have the time to allocate their time and energy to the laborious work that goes into effective lead generation.

*Outsourcing- these are the advantages and pitfalls.
  1. advantage- birds eye view- agencies work with dealerships of all shapes and sizes within several different geographies and business categories. They're privy to context. World class marketing and advertsing contextualizes campaigns based on the client's circumstances and conditions. These are small details that offer massive impact.
  2. advantage-core competency- the quarterback can't play the role of a defensive lineman. A dealership's GM specializes in governing the overall success of their brick and mortar. Sales specialize in converting showroom visits into top line revenue. Internal marketing specialize in brand awareness. A dealership as a whole specializes in distribution. A DMS agency specializes in making dealerships vastly more competitive. More competitive can be defined as greater exposure and visibility. This means showing up in front of buyers before your competitors, geometrically growing the number of deals accessible to your sales team, and ultimately, enhancing profitability.
  3. pitfall- limited offer-many providers cover just a few bases. They don't possess complimentary solutions which enable them to bolster their ability to consistently and comprehensively deliver best in class results.

The company I work for offers the most comprehensive lead generation system on the market. We get you buyers, not just leads.

We designed the most advanced automation software on the market which was specifically developed to maximize exposure, visibility and lead generation. Our offer includes a team of BDCS, social media marketing, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace automation, digital advertising and more.

This is exactly the time of year when dealerships our planning and strategizing to enter the next quarter more competitive, more profitable and more efficient than ever before.

Our solutions are the key to unlock your business development.

My name is Bill. You can reach me at 6507694790. Give me a call.

Last edited:
Fair request. Droves of satisfied customers and daily referrals ought to be a substantial testament to the impact our solutions have on our customers businesses.

Mr. Bill Carter aka @Dealersolutions - I'm trying to figure out your game here. You have a tendency to break our "no self promoting" rule with consistency. Rather deleting and banning you and your posts, I took my own time to edit (remove) the many responses that included your self promotion bit.

Also - the email address you use for your profile "[email protected]" has been flagged across several spam prevention services.

The IP address associated to every post and comment from you points to... Morocco.
bill-carter-spam-ip.jpg

Your DealerRefresh user name is "Dealersolutions" however, this does NOT correspond to any of your personal profile info. a Google search for "dealersolutions" results in several sites and services - none of them correspond to the limited information you have provided.

A LinkedIn search for first/last name (Bill Carter,) your suppled email address nor "dealersolutions" include any results that tie back to you or your profile.

With all that - I'm still willing to provide you some time (albeit limited) to edit your profile with accurate information and respond back with your intentions...

Fair request. Droves of satisfied customers and daily referrals ought to be a substantial testament to the impact our solutions have on our customers businesses.
I was just calling out the puffery, Bill. v12solftware is you right? Or is that a past company? I can't find a website for "Dealersolutions"?
7,200 dealers is impressive. Do you have any OEM partnerships or are you mainly working with independents? First dealer I called that is on your video said "sub-par" and no longer uses you. The second one I called is out of business. May want to update that video and the California business incorporation record says v12software was inactive as of Jan 2018. Just wanting to make sure you are who you say you are. Set me straight if I'm completely off and you're not v12

Mr. Bill Carter aka @Dealersolutions - I'm trying to figure out your game here. You have a tendency to break our "no self promoting" rule with consistency. Rather deleting and banning you and your posts, I took my own time to edit (remove) the many responses that included your self promotion bit.

Also - the email address you use for your profile "[email protected]" has been flagged across several spam prevention services.

The IP address associated to every post and comment from you points to... Morocco.
View attachment 8307

Your DealerRefresh user name is "Dealersolutions" however, this does NOT correspond to any of your personal profile info. a Google search for "dealersolutions" results in several sites and services - none of them correspond to the limited information you have provided.

A LinkedIn search for first/last name (Bill Carter,) your suppled email address nor "dealersolutions" include any results that tie back to you or your profile.

With all that - I'm still willing to provide you some time (albeit limited) to edit your profile with accurate information and respond back with your intentions...
I totally understand where you're coming from. I've seen a number of different posts designed to be informative albeit promotional nonetheless. They don't seem to attract scrutiny. We all operate in the same ecosystem. Through collaborations we all do better business collectively and the economy is better for it. That's the aim here.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I've seen a number of different posts designed to be informative albeit promotional nonetheless. They don't seem to attract scrutiny. We all operate in the same ecosystem. Through collaborations we all do better business collectively and the economy is better for it. That's the aim here.
@Dealersolutions but you'll notice all others, that are allowed, are all adding valuable information (industry data, white papers, etc) as well as are transparent about who they are. What is your company and what is your website? You seem to be active in multiple industry forums but you're elusive with details in all instances as well as your posts have been removed from those forums.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.57.21 PM.png