1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Job Posting Responses are less than stellar

Discussion in 'Online Marketing & Best Practices' started by KatherineLn, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:07 PM.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. KatherineLn

KatherineLn
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Katherine
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Rebbec Motor
    We've been posting on several sites regarding our lube tech opening for at least 3 months with little response and the ones we get are inexperienced or unqualified.

Any suggestions on where to advertise for service tech job openings to get a better pool of applicants from?

Used Indeed, Monster, CareerBuilder, Zip Recruiter, Craigslist, FB Marketplace, local papers... We're really hurting for help and now we're losing a full line tech as well.

Thanks for any insight or tips!

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh & Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown
    Katherine, thanks for posting. I'm not 100% how to answer but I'll see if I can't find someone to help out. Maybe Adam from Hireology can help out.

4. Brendan Dolan

Brendan Dolan
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Brendan
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Total Customer Connect
    We had a really tough time hiring for these positions as well, especially when you factor in the cost of living in NorCal near our stores. We maintained relationships with some of the local high schools that still have an autoshop program, local community colleges, and job fairs with the major mechanic schools. Lots of hard work to find the right people.