• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Join the Discussion: A Unified Platform for Dealer Inventory Needs

I believe I've already given one of the EpiCar reps this feedback, but without EpiCar shouldering some of the transactions responsibility (like The Lasso is doing) it's going to be difficult for dealers to buy in. Having confidence in an auction platform with cars from the public is risky and can lead to a bad experience for the customer if the offer changes once they get to the dealership (due to condition, etc). There need to be assurances the vehicles being bid on are in the condition listed. Assistance with processing, transportation, title work, etc will also build confidence in the product.
As-is, it's a product only partially solving a problem for both parties.

I believe I've already given one of the EpiCar reps this feedback, but without EpiCar shouldering some of the transactions responsibility (like The Lasso is doing) it's going to be difficult for dealers to buy in. Having confidence in an auction platform with cars from the public is risky and can lead to a bad experience for the customer if the offer changes once they get to the dealership (due to condition, etc). There need to be assurances the vehicles being bid on are in the condition listed. Assistance with processing, transportation, title work, etc will also build confidence in the product.
The Lasso still has some work to do as well. Better inventory (that will come in time) and setting expectations for sellers better. I'm glad to hear that there is another The Lasso user that I know.

The Lasso still has some work to do as well. Better inventory (that will come in time) and setting expectations for sellers better. I'm glad to hear that there is another The Lasso user that I know.
I haven't used it yet, just like to stay familiar with any new procurement services. Mostly hesitant to sign up because I know how much money the cars on there are going to bring and my current needs are value-price, not value-value.

All of my previous experience with 'sourcing from the public' software or services is we simply can't compete within our competitive market on FSBO offers based on our pricing model.

Thanks for the feedback Jon. Yes, we are working on the issue. We see that there is a need for it.

In an industry often dominated by giants like Carvana and Carmax, smaller dealerships can struggle to find quality inventory. Our team has decided to address this challenge by creating a platform that unites dealers and provides accessible inventory from private owners for all.

Would a unified platform interest you for sourcing inventory?
What features would make this platform more valuable to you?

We will be grateful for your feedback.
Dear dealers,

We’re thrilled to announce that EpiCar’s daily car auctions are officially live! ✨ Dealers can now participate in our streamlined auctions to access a diverse range of high-quality vehicles.

What You Can Expect:

• Daily Auctions: New vehicle listings available every day.
  • High-Quality Inventory: View detailed photos and comprehensive history reports.
  • Easy Participation: Simply upload your dealer license to get started.
  • Commission-Free First Purchase: Enjoy no commission fees on your first buy!
For more details and to start bidding, contact us at [email protected].

There are some other similar websites connecting private party sellers to dealers., but I found their fees to be high compared to the services they offer. Its challenging if the customer is not local and willing to bring in the car to the dealership. Trying to get a 3rd party inspection, paperwork, payment, transport, etc on a car that is not local would be very time consuming and risky. These companies want the seller to do an inspection on their phone and then upload the info and photos onto the platform for dealers to review. I see many issues with this; conflict of interest with the seller performing the inspection, a lack of information, fraud, etc.

There are some other similar websites connecting private party sellers to dealers., but I found their fees to be high compared to the services they offer. Its challenging if the customer is not local and willing to bring in the car to the dealership. Trying to get a 3rd party inspection, paperwork, payment, transport, etc on a car that is not local would be very time consuming and risky. These companies want the seller to do an inspection on their phone and then upload the info and photos onto the platform for dealers to review. I see many issues with this; conflict of interest with the seller performing the inspection, a lack of information, fraud, etc.
Yeah, those existing platforms can be pricey and limited, especially when the customer's not local.

Hello, dear dealers!

We’re excited to announce that we’ll be attending the FIADA 2024 Convention & Expo in Orlando from October 6-8. You can find us in the Expo Hall, and we’d love to meet and chat with all of you! Stop by for a product demo—we can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on. See you there!