• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Just wanted to say Hi.

ddavis

Boss
Jun 28, 2011
First Name
Doug
I was thinking about some of the DealerRefresh crew. I don't miss the car business but I still am fond of many of the people on here.
It has been over two years since I retired. Used to working 60 plus hours a week, there is an adjustment period that anyone must go through. I still work with a few dealerships but I have cut that back dramatically. My stress level has been reduced to the point that it caused an emergency room visit. My heart doctor cut my medications in half.
My main focus is getting my boat ready for fishing season. I am having her repainted. The weather has not cooperated. There are so many lakes I want to try out.

Thank you all. Rick, my boat is an old lady that has had a rough life. She has hunted ducks and fished for sockolet in the Atchafalaya. Lots of stumps have scraped her bottom. At one time it was painted camo which started to peel. She is a small V hull and easy to launch even when I'm alone. She sits high in the water and I can take her places you would never take a fiberglass boat. Honestly, they don't build them like that anymore.
Craigh, I don't know about the legend thing. To many, more of a pain in the ass.

Doug, you know you miss us. And we miss you!!

Great hearing your stress levels are down so much it's having a positive impact on your health. Stress is no doubt the worse culprit to an unhealthy mind and body. Fishing can be one of the better antidotes to stress.

So here's a questions for the community - What do you do to deal with stress? ...and having a stiff beverage each evening isn't the answer.:drunk:
I mean.. it can be an answer but not one I'd recommend. Neither is popping a X-a-n-a-x. :nono:

I've tried several different methods... some work better than others.
  • weekly massage
  • acupuncture
  • breathing exercises
  • Working out <-- one of the best
Something I've been wanting to try out is Floatation Therapy - "Floating". A large pod is filled with water and enough epson salt to allow you to float effortlessly.

Jeff, you know I miss you brother.
There is a saying in the car business, "you are only as good as your last month". In my case I saw that last month over 500 times. That is a lot of pressure. Some of us need the fast pace and positions where you are constantly making decisions. I would have been bored by anything less. The market is in continuous flux and you are continuously learning or you get left behind. Yes, the car business is unique.
At this stage, I'd rather be fishing or floating in a hot tub with the chick in your picture.

@ddavis
Well, pics of the boat would be great but what would be even better would be pics of your catch :)

@Jeff Kershner

Me personally, I have two destressers.

A) I'm an gamer. I primarily play Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. If any of you guys play BF4 on Xbox one or Xbox One in general, shoot me a friends invite. My tag is "Th3CarSalesman". I thought that tag was appropriate because when I get a kill on BF4, the person who I killed gets shown a kill cam and it says in bold letters "Killed by Th3Carsalesman". LOL

B) I purchased a new 2014 New Edition KLR 650 at the end of 2014. I think I have roughly 7500 miles on it so far. I have to agree with @craigh. Country roads, Dirt roads, Trails, fresh air and a good playlist.

download2.php