• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Let's talk about dealer websites, how much time should you focus? How much money should you spend %?

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
I'm a firm believer that the website is now a core part of any dealership, and it must be perfect. Do you think dealers should have unique websites with great photos, descriptions, etc. Or do you think one-and-done, basic content and avg photos are enough? How much money should a dealer be investing in their website, and what % of their marketing funds should go to it? By websites: I'm talking about: the website, seo, ppc, minisites, plug-ins, add-ons, live chat, everything else you pay for to make visitors into leads online. Let's leave out AT, Cars.com, and paid leads for now..

Curious to see if everyone is equally as focused as I am about the website and online marketing?

I'm a firm believer that the website is now a core part of any dealership, and it must be perfect. Do you think dealers should have unique websites with great photos, descriptions, etc. Or do you think one-and-done, basic content and avg photos are enough? How much money should a dealer be investing in their website, and what % of their marketing funds should go to it? By websites: I'm talking about: the website, seo, ppc, minisites, plug-ins, add-ons, live chat, everything else you pay for to make visitors into leads online. Let's leave out AT, Cars.com, and paid leads for now..

Curious to see if everyone is equally as focused as I am about the website and online marketing?

In my opinion the website is the heart and soul of the dealership's advertising. It must be done correctly and maintained thoroughly! I receive the bulk of my leads from my own website/SEO/PPC than any other source and I have the best closing ratio with leads generated from my own site.

In the March 2012 Issue of NIADA’s “Used Car Dealer” it estimates that almost 50% of your marketing strategy needs to be on the Internet. 60% of the educated auto buyers today are spending 8 or more hour’s online researching 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party websites before they visit or call you. 40% will drive up to 75 miles for the right vehicle at the right price. 26% looked at the dealership’s Facebook Page and looked for friends of theirs that liked your dealership. Your consumers are becoming more informed and internet savvy…so should you!

Reactions: 1 person