• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lifetime engine warranty - Do you offer it

We offer an Unlimited Lifetime Power train warranty on all My New Toyota's, Scions and any preowned "Asian" name-plated car that is less than 5 yrs old and has less than 50000 miles. We have seen a 20% increase in business in new car sales since the beginning of the program. We also made sure we would be the exclusive dealer in a 150 mile radius to be able to offer a lifetime warranty for any Asian make so we can use it as an additional advantage when shopping our Toyota's vs the Honda, Nissan dealer down the street. i can give you more information on the company we use if interested.

We offer an Unlimited Lifetime Power train warranty on all My New Toyota's, Scions and any preowned "Asian" name-plated car that is less than 5 yrs old and has less than 50000 miles. We have seen a 20% increase in business in new car sales since the beginning of the program. We also made sure we would be the exclusive dealer in a 150 mile radius to be able to offer a lifetime warranty for any Asian make so we can use it as an additional advantage when shopping our Toyota's vs the Honda, Nissan dealer down the street. i can give you more information on the company we use if interested.

Jeremy,

Last year we had a huge fiasco in WA with a warranty company (a bit different than this). They came very strong, lots of TV ads, huge campaign, and ended up a $12M lawsuit from the state, 2 guys in jail, etc.

So my question to you is;

How comfortable do you feel about these guys backing you if too many cars have problems (even so the cars that you sell probably will not, but another client may be the one taking them down).

Jeremy,

Last year we had a huge fiasco in WA with a warranty company (a bit different than this). They came very strong, lots of TV ads, huge campaign, and ended up a $12M lawsuit from the state, 2 guys in jail, etc.

So my question to you is;

How comfortable do you feel about these guys backing you if too many cars have problems (even so the cars that you sell probably will not, but another client may be the one taking them down).

Yago,
my warranty is underwritten by The Great American Insurance group, they have been in business for over 100 years. ( so no fear in them going anywhere) also with 100 years of business their reputation speaks for themselves. Having gone thru a few minor claims with them, I would recommend them to someone else. (or maybe I shouldn't so my competitors stay away!)

Yago,
my warranty is underwritten by The Great American Insurance group, they have been in business for over 100 years. ( so no fear in them going anywhere) also with 100 years of business their reputation speaks for themselves. Having gone thru a few minor claims with them, I would recommend them to someone else. (or maybe I shouldn't so my competitors stay away!)

Ha ha, it sounds like a good product then and yes, don't recommend it to your peps around your area.

I'll submit that it's all in the messaging, but we had a Hyundai dealer where I live constantly touting Double Your Warranty to 200,000 miles and Tires for Life! Lesson: there's a thin line between SCHLOCK and value. They were schlock all the way...

Same lesson, delivered via Hook Logic. We start offering $25 incentives on a few of our pages. BANG! HUGE lead generator! Well, if $25 works well, $50 should work even better, right? Well, no, as it turns out. We actually saw less traffic on the $50 than the $25.

Why? Best answer:

Consumers have become wary of Offers with Ties. As in, "no one is giving me $50 without something tied to it... but I can believe that $25 is a real freebie."