• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ling is Talking in New York on Nov 1st

LINGsCARS

Smashing Bugs
Aug 5, 2010
First Name
Ling
Hellllooooo USA!

This is Ling.

You might (or might not) be pleased to hear that I will be doing an internet marketing talk in the large apple on November 1st. My website reference here.

I have been invited to Econsultancy's JUMP conference, delegate list looks good, but not many from Motor Industry. My details here, if you don't know me.

My previous Econsultancy talk in June 2012 in London is here on YT, sorry about quality of the recording, I did it myself. I did get rave reviews, and they said I was star of the show. Must be because they enjoyed being bullied.

If anyone fancies to come to NewYorkNewYork, or meet and have some fun (I have heard Frank Sinatra but never been to NY or USA before), would be great. I have a few days in NY after the talk.

Certain things I would like to do while in New York (arrive in helicopter to Pan Am building, get involved in a shoot-out police chase, sing the Chinese National Anthem on the Brooklyn Bridge, swim around the Statue of Liberty etc, throw some sneakers over the power lines, have Huggy Bear shine my shoes, graffiti a subway train, set off one of those roadside hydrants, tell a taxi driver "we've got a tail, can you lose him?", order a corned beef on rye - with a tomato, and some coleslaw on the side... you know the usual tourist nonsense)

All good fun.

ny.jpg

My talk may be sponsored by Beverly Hills Porsche, but if you have any better suggestions, let me know.

Ling
LINGsCARS.com

Reactions: 3 people
Congratulations,

Your success in such a hard business with such a personal twist is very inspirational for some of us.

I've spent 12 years as a vendor so far and every dealer that tells me they want to be at the cutting edge freaks out as soon as we try to do something either new or long term.

I hope that one day you make it to the Pacific NW (direct flight from London with BAA).

Ling, I'm seeing if I can work this into my schedule to attend the conference. I told Joe to do the same. :)

Ohh, that would be great. to be honest, I will probably be in NY for a day or two after the talk, so if anyone wants to meet up informally (I am very informal) that would be great :)

I know you Americans, I have watched TV.... Do not bring a gun!

Ling

Congratulations,

Your success in such a hard business with such a personal twist is very inspirational for some of us.

I've spent 12 years as a vendor so far and every dealer that tells me they want to be at the cutting edge freaks out as soon as we try to do something either new or long term.

I hope that one day you make it to the Pacific NW (direct flight from London with BAA).

That is Seattle area I guess? I have never been to USA and I would like to explore. I would like to hire a Harley, grow a beard and do a ZZ Top road trip etc. As ever it's a time thing. :))))

Ling