• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Live Chat - Consider this an Inbound Text Call Center

Sara Chaudhary

Full Sticker
Dec 17, 2011
First Name
Sara
Customers’ satisfaction had been a loudly spoken mantra in the modern age which if done professionally will build your brand image as well as help you achieve manifold business growth.

We have seen in the recent decades that huge corporations have been investing in all the fancy call center facilities with extensive trainings, efficient standard operating procedures, multi-tier quality levels, and multimillion dollars CRM as well as expensive management team with Six Sigma and many other world class certifications.

Let me revisit the situation as aforesaid, has this made customers’ life easy? I would like to answer this as well, NO, customers have to go through tedious menu, need to navigate through in order to reach the department that they need to get in touch with – which is at the expensive of the customers time and efforts. In the recent times when normal working hours are becoming round-the-clock and even more…… people do not like to hang on the phone and navigate through the monotonous menu, reach to the concerned person, who can do nothing but take their message. We do not like to reach to a company while we are relaxing at home or enjoying our weekends with friends and family. So, the call center really helps us achieve customers’ satisfaction and gives dividend to our customers. My answer is not really…..

Let’s talk about the other efficient and cost effective solution available…. yes, I am talking about Live Chat. Thanks to the easy accessibility of the Internet, it is now possible for small, medium and large-scale entrepreneurs to take advantage of the live chat system and live chat support for:

• mail-in service
  • carry-in service
  • hot lines
  • lead generation
  • pre-sale, and
  • sale
I was asked who should use live chat. I replied all the companies which are in the virtual world (website) must add live chat function but with professional support. No matter which industry it is that you are dealing with, you will definitely enjoy numerous benefits when you see website with live chat.
The list of benefits is never ending… but to mention few include but not limited to:

• your operational costs will be reduced because a live chat system is less costly to maintain than even the smallest call center facility.
  • your customer’s trust, satisfaction and loyalty will be built once they see the “live chat” option on your website. This means that they can get in touch with a live representative from your company anytime they need to.
  • you can watch your sales increase as the level of customer satisfaction gets higher – and the sales potential of your website gets optimized.
  • in a nut-shell, you will see a true interactive website which everyone desires to have.
See, a lot of people do online shopping from work or after hours when they cannot talk on the phone. This is where live chat shows its real value because the visitors can be engaged with you on a chat as long as they wish to be without disturbing their task in hand. You can hit them with your sales pitch since they are in the shopping mood. There is no engaging on the phone yet looking other things in front of the prospective customer which has a potential of distracting them.

The bottom-line is that the live chat is an inbound text call center which all the online businesses must consider seriously.

I believe that Live chat support system can bring any advantage to the dealer and their customers. Using of live chat in online customer support service to reduce the cost and increase client satisfaction. It is very useful and every website need this service.

Last edited: