• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for a new CRM

Feb 15, 2013
First Name
Matt
We are a single location Honda and Hyundai dealership in upstate New York that sells about 2,500 cars a year new and used combined. We currently have VinSolutions as a CRM and are not happy with their service. Can any dealers similar to us recommend a simple, easy to use CRM that would work for us? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We use our CRM for some basic reports and follow up, no campaigns, or anything like that. Thank you!

CRM's are pretty personal choice. The best way to really get an idea is by doing a demo of a few of them, and then talk to some off the people using them.

The last time I went through selecting a CRM I checked out Dealer peak, Vin Solutions, dealer socket and another one I can't think of. All of them had features I liked.

If I were going to do it again, now that I've met a lot of the vendors, I'd still talk to those vendors again, but also add Dealer.com.

We've used Reynolds, now with Dealer Socket. Our team really likes Dealer Socket, we have people from age 23 to 75 using it. Your really missing out not using your CRM to dig into your data and run campaigns in sales and service. A good CRM can be so much more for you than just reports and follow up, ESP if your only doing set it and forget it follow up. Dealer Socket does a great job of training and assign local reps to work with you monthly. We have a fantastic rep who I can call anytime, every 45 days we have a phone call with all management, and he's in our store every quarter for a day and stops by about every 45 days for an hour.

Each dealership uses CRM different, and you need to find what is best for you and your use. But don't sell yourself short by not trying to expand and grow your biz by using a CRM efficiently. It will help you.

Also, who is your DMS?

You're already with Dealer.com, you should certainly look at their new CRM, heard its pretty cool. Ask for the "Jorts Jedi".

Last edited:
If I were going to do it again, now that I've met a lot of the vendors, I'd still talk to those vendors again, but also add Dealer.com.

I just switched CRMs from Reynolds to the new Dealer.com CRM. I also viewed every option out there and found that Dealer.com was everything I needed and more.

Yes, they are a new product in this market but the talent that designed it is truly top notch. Most of the head guys are very active in the Dealer Refresh forums and KNOW what dealership's need to have more visibility and control. The same people who aided in building this CRM will teach you everything you need to know and provide excellent customer service after install. I know some have had issues with VIN lately.

If you have any questions about CRM, send me a message. I'd be happy to pass along my thoughts.

PS, Ask DDC about the Purple Tie and Jorts Specials. You will not be disappointed!

Last edited:
It's great to see someone from my hometown in upstate NY on here!
I received a demo on the dealer.com CRM a few months ago and liked it very much. It looks like you already use them too so that might be another plus for you.
We're currently using ADP CRM and Lead Manager and I don't recommend them.