• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Mistakes NOT to make here on DealerRefresh

I dialed my signature line back a bit after this post by the Godfather. Then I see Joe with this bad boy!
HA!

But let's be real: Uncle Joe sells NOTHING on this blog: he is the most altruistic member on these pages. That signature is a testament to Uncle Joe's experience and expertise; not his attempt to sell himself or his wares.

And if that isn't enough... By Executive Order, because of his exemplary service to the DealerRefresh community, Uncle Joe is hereby unbound forever and always from Signature Decorum. (as long as that's OK by him :))

I dialed my signature line back a bit after this post by the Godfather. Then I see Joe with this bad boy!

Yo Ryan,

IMO, I'd like to see every car dealer here on DR to have a sig using a format like mine.

--[name]
--[title and store profile]
--[personal links i.e twitter, linked in, etc]
--[link to dealers site]
--[list of vendors used for digital marketing]

IMO, this format can help readers get some background on what the writer uses every day.

@ Joe - I think we forget how many lurkers are on the Forums who do not sign up or join in the conversation. They are simply looking to take in some great content, keep current on the latest, and find some products/vendors to help their dealership. Having a signature (for dealers) like you have created is some great social proof.

On another note.. I think Jeff adding the Twitter field in the profiles was a great addition.

Reactions: 1 person
@ Joe - I think we forget how many lurkers are on the Forums who do not sign up or join in the conversation. They are simply looking to take in some great content, keep current on the latest, and find some products/vendors to help their dealership.
That may be the BIGGEST mistake. Don't be bashful, jump on in! (the second biggest mistake might be to jump on in - on every single thread - all on your first day) I'm just sayin' :hello:

Reactions: 2 people
@ Joe - I think we forget how many lurkers are on the Forums who do not sign up or join in the conversation. They are simply looking to take in some great content, keep current on the latest, and find some products/vendors to help their dealership. Having a signature (for dealers) like you have created is some great social proof.

On another note.. I think Jeff adding the Twitter field in the profiles was a great addition.

Ryan, glad you like the addition of the twitter feature.

We have a few other things in the pipeline.

I also think that there is a certain degree of fear to public scorn, there are way too many postings where a person in the first 2-3 postings it makes gets burned by the flame thrower.

As a vendor also you are either a "feel good vendor" (pretty much agree that the dealers are innocent butterflies and your job is to protect them) or you are better off staying out of the forums. Some vendors with some products have different cost structures that make it harder to play the feel good game.