• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Monitoring reviews on Google +

VVAuto1

Hat Trick
May 18, 2012
First Name
Victor
Before google places switched to google plus we had a firefox plugin that would automatically detect any changes on a page. Hence a consumer rights a review we get an alert.

Since the switch to google plus our tool has been non functional, I am curious to see if anyone else has any tools that will trigger an alert on google + to monitor reviews....

we have 15 locations so checking by hand is a little time consuming, I'd prefer somewhat automatic if possible.

Any ideas or tools would be much appreciated..thnx!

Reactions: 1 person
UpDate Patrol is a great alerts program. I think it cost around 50-60 bucks for the standard version. The pro is around $150. I use the pro system and I like it alot. There is a small learning curve to fine tune it to do what you want. At least there was a curve for me. If your looking for it to update you on just a webpage, just type in the URL and it will start indexing the site and updating you with any changes. If your looking for updates on specific content on a page, then you need to get familiar with Regular Expressions. That is where this program really excels. Using a RegEx, you can really dial it into the specific piece of a page you are wanting to monitor. The cool thing I like about it is I can plug in a URL for a website and the program will index every page through out the entire site or I can tell it to only go 2 or 3 links deep. I can tell it to just look for specific changes through out a site using a RegEX and it will return back to me only the pages with changes and the new changes are highlighted and it shows you the previous text. If your like me and very busy, it will send them to you by email with all the changes highlighted also. It's a pretty cool program. A big thanks to Jeff K. for introducing me to it.

Web page monitoring software - UpdatePatrol monitors web site changes and updates.

If your not that good with RegEX then you may want to visit this page also so you can find and test your expressions

Regular Expression Library

Once you tweak it, you'll love it!!!