• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Multiple facebook accounts (personal and business)

Brian Marchini

Full Sticker
Mar 15, 2011
First Name
Brian
I was at a Honda seminar the other day, and the trainer showed a dealership commenting on a customers wall. Of course, you can't do this unless it is a profile and not a business page. I questioned him regarding this, and his answer was "So what. who cares if it violates their terms of service.". I was like o...k...

This got me thinking to another topic. I think we are seeing facebook as more of a communication tool than a traditional marketing tool today.

If people have multiple email accounts such as one for work and one for personal, would it be worth considering having employees with a business and personal facebook account?

I understand that it may violate the TOS of facebook, but I don't know there is much they would do about it in the real world. The problem with a single account is that you don't necessarily want to share your personal life your clients. Furthermore, it would keep employees getting distracted by what is going on at facebook. We all know how distracting it can be when a friend posts something, and you post something back... and so on.

PS: we should have a social media section.