• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

My GM says I'm a "Demo Ninja"......need to work on getting people inside!

Do you use a standard "Meet 'n Greet"?

I combine the Meet and Greet with qualifying. As far as just the meet at greet, I’m pretty routine.

“Hello, welcome to DealerRefresh, I’m John Smith, are you here to see anyone in particular?”
if yes, walk them to the desired person
---“no, no one in particular."
“Is it okay if I help you?”
no one says no
---“yes that’s fine."
“Awesome! I really appreciate you coming here. What would you like to accomplish today?”
---

Are you asking about qualifying, what to do after the meet and greet?

Our GM tells us the Meet 'n Greet is the most important of the process. We don't have a standard one, we're told to "get in bed" with the customer. I usually say "Hello, good (Morning) , how are you doin' today?" they reply..."welcome to Tracy Volkswagen, thank you for coming in today, we're glad you're here.....which vehicle would you like information on?........Then depending on their response, I respond accordingly....I wanted to take a look at a Passat TDI....."Yes, that's a great car......are you looking for basic, medium or well equipped?....are you familiar with the TDI's?" I tell them the benefits of a TDI...."What are you driving now?.........are you looking to get a trade-in value on that or are you looking for a second vehicle"?........so, basically I do a little meet 'n greet, then right into questions.

I combine the Meet and Greet with qualifying. As far as just the meet at greet, I’m pretty routine.

“Hello, welcome to DealerRefresh, I’m John Smith, are you here to see anyone in particular?”
if yes, walk them to the desired person
---“no, no one in particular."
“Is it okay if I help you?”
no one says no
---“yes that’s fine."
“Awesome! I really appreciate you coming here. What would you like to accomplish today?”
---

Are you asking about qualifying, what to do after the meet and greet?

Blake, where have you been? It's good to see you back on DealerRefresh.

That is pretty much the greeting that I taught people to use.

Mauricio, does your store use Guest Sheets after the Greeting? If you are in a store with mostly highly experienced salespeople (rare today) this isn't necessary but if they have mostly inexperienced salespeople, this is a must. Not only do you determine what vehicle they are looking at but the features that are important to them. You get the trade information, do the silent walk around, and start the trade appraisal (in the customers mind to save time). At the bottom, of the guest sheet, you determine their budget and monthly payment. Experienced people can visualize this process and get the answers without a guest sheet.

I have never experienced not being able to get a customer into the dealership after the demo ride and was trying to understand how this happens. Many customers will actually ask you, "what would I have to pay for this car" or something similar on the return to the dealership. That will not happen if you are not giving a great presentation and demonstration.

What I think is happening is that you are "car-ing" them up on too much car. They don't want to come in because they already know that they can't afford it.