New dealership help and suggestions

David.P

Green Pea
Jun 22, 2022
Awards
First Name
David
Hi everybody:
I just discover the forum and this is my first post.

I have only months in the Dealer Industry. I was creating the dealership in the middle of the end of the pandemic. So when all the paperwork was ready the pandemic was finishing...
I'm basically trying to sell my first car... Is getting harder everyday (inflation and etc...)
In this moment I'm fighting with the authority and the ranking of my webpage in general trying to gain visibility.

I guess if I list my actual situation maybe you can correct how to do better... or maybe point another direction.

Already done:
Domain and Webpage (Xcape Locomotions - Xcape Locomotions)
Logo
Google My Business, Google Analytics
Social Media (FB, Meta Business suite, Tweeter, Instagram, Pinterest, tweeter. YouTube channel, Yelp, LinkedIn)
[Maybe some of this are not important:] Bing, yahoo, apple maps, Here maps, tom tom, yellow pages, manta, chamber of commerce, merchant circle, yellow pages, angi.com, Dealer rater (+ less important more than 50 sites and registries)
Up to this part was free I do it myself...

Pay part:
Dealer center - $50 monthly (include KBB, Credit check(+$1 or $2 per each run), Westlake financial application with instant results)
Auto data direct (titles check + vehicle history theft and lien) $1 dol per vehicle (as of today)
hosting - $50 monthly
Office rent + 2 parking spots - $600
the previous week I made an SEO contract for 3 month to see if I can improve my internet exposure...

Adds:
Carsforsale (pay) (subscription made today)(thx to this forum suggestion)
FB Marketplace
Free: AutoList, BuySellAutoMart, carsoup, claz, JamesEdition.com
Car Gurus (free up today, don't know how much longer)
Craiglist (1 time for 1 month... still running)
(I'm loosing my faith on the free stuff... jajaja not that efficient as it seems)

I think that I summarized most of the important things.
Ohh, I forget to mention I was approve for flooring with Westlake. I made the application just in case because the credit was run anyway and they approved...
I'm trying to sell as I mention 1 car (Ford Escape 2016) almost new (still with the factory scent) and is with all the attributes (no branding on title, leather interior, premium wheels, GPS etc) but nothing happen. I don't know... maybe is the car...
I was trying to offer an excellent car without any issues as my first but it seems I cannot reach the proper costumer... or something else I cannot see

I'm tryin to save as much as I can because I'm not that large on the budget size... I'm relying on my abilities to transform a car to a better product and from there make a way to a higher ground.
I don't know really what else I can do.

Please if somebody give me a hand and shade some light will be much appreciated.

Thx David

What's up with your website? It does not look like a car dealer website. I believe that is a mistake. Even bad car dealer specific website providers have some SEO. Maybe it is a car dealership website, but the word "Products" leads me to believe it is not.

Your Escape looks nice, but you are $2,000 over Retail Book on a vehicle that typically won't bring that kind of money. That vehicle will probably drop $500-$1,000 next week.

Have you been in the car business before, or is this your first experience?

Hi

Thx for the answer. Is always welcome any suggestions.
The website observation: “Products” I was thinking to go with other name that wasn’t the usual (ex:inventory). I was not to into “Products” but I never change it. Do you have any suggestions of what to use?
If you don’t mind me to ask why is the website concept not close to a dealership in your opinion.

Regarding experience is very low. Sales was not a specialty. The experience is all related with car reparations, fixing, improvements, etc. That is something completely new for me.
The price: i was following KBB as in CA is the standard. I can say I’m still learning how to price the car I’m selling…
I got a feeling that sale is gonna go outside the profit side…

Thx for the comments

Hi

Thx for the answer. Is always welcome any suggestions.
The website observation: “Products” I was thinking to go with other name that wasn’t the usual (ex:inventory). I was not to into “Products” but I never change it. Do you have any suggestions of what to use?
If you don’t mind me to ask why is the website concept not close to a dealership in your opinion.

Regarding experience is very low. Sales was not a specialty. The experience is all related with car reparations, fixing, improvements, etc. That is something completely new for me.
The price: i was following KBB as in CA is the standard. I can say I’m still learning how to price the car I’m selling…
I got a feeling that sale is gonna go outside the profit side…

Thx for the comments
If you are paying Carsforsale to list your cars, they will GIVE YOU a website. Free. They are template sites, but they're not bad at all!

I would recommend going to work at a local reputable dealership for a year so you get a crash course in the automotive retail business. Unfortunately, but fortunately for you, it's typically very easy to get hired into dealership sales. I think you would learn so much and be far more successful in the long run if you still choose to continue down this path.

Reactions: craigh
Hi everybody:
I just discover the forum and this is my first post.

I have only months in the Dealer Industry. I was creating the dealership in the middle of the end of the pandemic. So when all the paperwork was ready the pandemic was finishing...
I'm basically trying to sell my first car... Is getting harder everyday (inflation and etc...)
In this moment I'm fighting with the authority and the ranking of my webpage in general trying to gain visibility.

I guess if I list my actual situation maybe you can correct how to do better... or maybe point another direction.

Already done:
Domain and Webpage (Australia's Best Car Broker | Abod Auto)
Logo
Google My Business, Google Analytics
Social Media (FB, Meta Business suite, Tweeter, Instagram, Pinterest, tweeter. YouTube channel, Yelp, LinkedIn)
[Maybe some of this are not important:] Bing, yahoo, apple maps, Here maps, tom tom, yellow pages, manta, chamber of commerce, merchant circle, yellow pages, angi.com, Dealer rater (+ less important more than 50 sites and registries)
Up to this part was free I do it myself...

Pay part:
Dealer center - $50 monthly (include KBB, Credit check(+$1 or $2 per each run), Westlake financial application with instant results)
Auto data direct (titles check + vehicle history theft and lien) $1 dol per vehicle (as of today)
hosting - $50 monthly
Office rent + 2 parking spots - $600
the previous week I made an SEO contract for 3 month to see if I can improve my internet exposure...

Adds:
Carsforsale (pay) (subscription made today)(thx to this forum suggestion)
FB Marketplace
Free: AutoList, BuySellAutoMart, carsoup, claz, JamesEdition.com
Car Gurus (free up today, don't know how much longer)
Craiglist (1 time for 1 month... still running)
(I'm loosing my faith on the free stuff... jajaja not that efficient as it seems)

I think that I summarized most of the important things.
Ohh, I forget to mention I was approve for flooring with Westlake. I made the application just in case because the credit was run anyway and they approved...
I'm trying to sell as I mention 1 car (Ford Escape 2016) almost new (still with the factory scent) and is with all the attributes (no branding on title, leather interior, premium wheels, GPS etc) but nothing happen. I don't know... maybe is the car...
I was trying to offer an excellent car without any issues as my first but it seems I cannot reach the proper costumer... or something else I cannot see

I'm tryin to save as much as I can because I'm not that large on the budget size... I'm relying on my abilities to transform a car to a better product and from there make a way to a higher ground.
I don't know really what else I can do.

Please if somebody give me a hand and shade some light will be much appreciated.

Thx David
It sounds like you have made significant efforts to establish your dealership and promote your first car for sale. Here are a few suggestions to potentially improve your situation and gain more visibility:

1. Focus on search engine optimization (SEO): Since you mentioned that you have hired an SEO contractor, make sure they are optimizing your website for relevant keywords, improving website structure, and enhancing meta tags and descriptions. This can help your website rank higher in search engine results and increase organic traffic.
  2. Enhance online listings: Continuously update and optimize your online listings with accurate and detailed information about the car, including high-quality photos, compelling descriptions, and competitive pricing. This can make your listing more appealing to potential customers.
  3. Utilize targeted advertising: Consider running targeted online ads on platforms like Facebook and Google Ads to reach potential buyers who are actively searching for cars in your area. Set specific targeting parameters to reach your desired audience effectively.
  4. Build a strong online reputation: Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews on platforms like Google, Facebook, and DealerRater. Positive reviews can enhance your credibility and attract more customers.
  5. Utilize social media effectively: Ensure you are consistently posting engaging and relevant content on your social media platforms. Consider running targeted ads or promotions on social media to reach a wider audience.
  6. Networking and partnerships: Explore partnerships with local businesses or influencers in your area to gain more visibility. Collaborate on joint marketing efforts or seek opportunities for cross-promotion.
  7. Consider expanding your inventory: While you are primarily focusing on selling your Ford Escape 2016, diversifying your inventory by adding more cars could attract a broader range of customers. Consider sourcing cars that are in demand in your local market and align with your target audience.
  8. Offer incentives or promotions: To attract potential buyers, consider offering incentives such as free services, extended warranties, or competitive financing options. These additional perks can make your car more appealing compared to other options in the market.
Remember that establishing a successful dealership takes time and persistence. Continuously analyze and adjust your strategies based on customer feedback and market trends. Good luck with your car sale and future endeavors!