• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Ways to get online reviews for sales and service?

If you encourage a customer by incentivising a client to do so then it must state that in the review. We we're needing more reviews online and just hired a company to post our real reviews all the while staying on the good site of the FCC

I think you meant the FTC, Federal Trade Commission. They are the ones with jurisdiction on "compensated endorsements without proper disclosure."

The FTC is only one consideration though. There aren't any credible review sites that I'm aware of that allow a 3rd party to post on behalf of the person that had the first-hand experience. We've never allowed that practice. Google explicitly said don't do it in their TOU rewrite in Dec.

I'd encourage you to read the TOU of the sites that this 3rd party is telling you they can post on. There is a very real possibility that their actions can get your store blocked from that site.

There are better ways to get review content. Please call me. I'll be happy to give you some ideas that don't break FTC laws or put you at risk of getting banned from the review sites either

Ryan

Reactions: 1 person