• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Nissan Core Lead Quality

Yes, the third party leads. They were terrible. Leads rarely answered the phone IF the number was valid. They never read emails IF the address was valid. I got hung up on at least once or twice a day. I did get in contact with a few of them and sold some cars. A majority of the folks I actually got in contact with were credit challenged and just tire kicking online which cost me $23.50 a pop. I also cancelled AutoTrader. I have only gotten 3 leads from them in 7 months, one of which I sold. The only third party I am keeping is Cars.com. We signed up with them in 2010 at a discounted rate which they still honor. We only pay a few hundred bucks for all of our inventory to be listed. The cost of Nissan and AutoTrader alone will pay for the new site, where I will work on that perceived value you mentioned in my other thread.

Thanks for the reply.

Jason, If quality people are providing the same effort but obtaining poor results on some leads but great on others, it is time for a change. I didn't purchase leads from any source.
I got good results from AutoTrader but it takes effort. Quality pictures, good descriptions and market-based pricing are key.