• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Numbers from FB...How Facebook Says Likes & Social Plugins Help Websites...

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Had the pleasure of attending Kevin Frye's DD10 presentation on the value of likes vs links. This is a good 2 minute read of some specific data points from Facebook on traffic lifts after implementing likes and social plugins. Of course, no dealer specific data, but if there were, it wouldn't be worthy of a DR post, because more than the top 1% would have it mastered already. :)

By The Numbers: How Facebook Says Likes & Social Plugins Help Websites

I have not had a chance to read it yet, but I did download the white paper on Facebook's Edgerank referenced here and I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

Good read Ryan. Take a look at Cincinnati Dealerships New and Used Cars for Sale | Jeff Wyler Ohio if you want to see integration of Facebook as well as Facebook "like" and Twitter buttons throughout the site. We are already seeing great success, and already making efforts to improve this further.

You only have to look at how the Facebook feed works to see how simple this is. When you login to Facebook, and the "Top News" feed page comes up, what is at the top? The posts that have the most "likes", comments, and "shares". Hmmm, if that is how Facebook is successfully posting relevant results based on human input, do you think Google and the other search engines are looking to duplicate this approach in how they present relevant results??? Me thinks so...