• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Options & Packages - Bad or Good? Too Much Info?

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
Should I put this on the new inventory? Bad idea or good idea.. Is it too much information. One point of me thinks helps customer narrow down the perfect car, only dealership in my area to use this.. Another thinks too much information, customers will be too picky/no leads.

[h=2]Options & Packages[/h] OEM Code
Description
MSRP

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
ANN
[K06] 20TH Anniversary PKG
$950.00
auto on/off headlights
leather-wrapped steering wheel w/audio controls
auto up/down passenger window w/anti-pinch
Bluetooth hands-free phone system
auto-dimming rearview mirror w/compass
HomeLink universal transceiver
rear spoiler
16" alloy wheels
fog lights

SGD
[B10] Splash Guards
$150.00

PORT INSTALLED OPTIONS
FL2
[L92] 5-Piece Carpeted Floor MAT/TRUNK Mat Set
$180.00

kcar,
know where you are on the food chain.

If your the big fish in your market, then less info can work. If your not #1, then you'll never see them on your site again.

REMEMBER:
Post-sale survey can assist you in MAJOR decisions like this. In my store, I know my 73% of my buyers were at my site 3 times or more prior to purchase. If you give them LESS data to shop from, expect LESS return visits. Yes, you will get more leads, but consider your closing rate is a fraction of the extra leads you'll get.

IMO, REWARD THE STEALTH SHOPPER.

Reactions: 1 person
kcar,
know where you are on the food chain.

If your the big fish in your market, then less info can work. If your not #1, then you'll never see them on your site again.

REMEMBER:
Post-sale survey can assist you in MAJOR decisions like this. In my store, I know my 73% of my buyers were at my site 3 times or more prior to purchase. If you give them LESS data to shop from, expect LESS return visits. Yes, you will get more leads, but consider your closing rate is a fraction of the extra leads you'll get.

IMO, REWARD THE STEALTH SHOPPER.

Joe, Sending you a Private Message.

I put descriptions on both new and used cars. I would not add the prices and I list them in order of importance. I would have the auto-dimming mirror towards the bottom of the 20th anniversary package.

I had a library for my new cars. Once done, it was just a matter of cut and paste. It is time consuming but I always felt is was worth the effort.