• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Original Window Sticker

JesseJ

Boss
Mar 22, 2011
First Name
Jesse
Here at Ford you can actually look up the original window sticker. I believe the cut off year is 2007. All you need is the vin # which you attach to the end of this link

Untitled Page
I was just curious if any other manufacturer as this type of resource. It would help to fill in details on our off-brand used cars.

That Ford window sticker utility is awesome. I tried it with two F150's we have, the '06 didn't work but the '07 did.

Like JQuinn said, Toyota & Lexus have a similar internal utility for their vehicles, but it only works in-dealer. I don't think Honda or Acura has anything like this at all.

From the top of my head the only companies that provide this was: Ford (and most of their brands), Chrysler (Dodge/Jeep too), and GM (I believe you need the GM Source ID for this). Most of the websites that offer a true window sticker link you can view the source and swap parameters except for GM. I remember Ford suspending this then allowing it again after everyone harped on em. Hope it's the same way -- was very convenient for the customer and the dealers really liked it.

It's insanely convenient. I didn't even know about it until the other day. All I did was remove the vin in the link from a window sticker I was viewing and add another in. So stupid there is no way it would work but to my surprise it did. Yeah Art, like I said, 2007 appears to be the cut off.

The only reason I ask is if I'm looking at a GM, Honda, Nissan, you name it...I'm not going to be able to pick out every little option on the vehicle or even on a Ford for that matter. I guess some of the options become a moot point when you are talking about resale value but it still helps. Now I'm able to update all used Fords 07 or later with an accurate list of manufacturer installed options. I'm considering posting links to the original sticker on the website.

Here at Ford you can actually look up the original window sticker. I believe the cut off year is 2007. All you need is the vin # which you attach to the end of this link

Untitled Page
I was just curious if any other manufacturer as this type of resource. It would help to fill in details on our off-brand used cars.

This tool is sick!!!! Thank you

This is an awesome tool to have your toolbox. I tried to mainpulate the URL for GMBuypower to get the same result but had not luck. I called and they showed me how I can request a window sticker and have it 7-10 days later but I told the nice lady that I was looking for something with a bit more instant gratification.

If anyone comes up with similar tools for us to use on various OEMs, post them here. This would be a HUGE help both when appraising and marketing makes that we may or may not be too familiar with.