• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Other dealership's inventory (with brand overlay) on our site

Sharko

Hat Trick
Jun 25, 2012
First Name
Marko
Can anyone help with this?

Within our used inventory, vehicles from another nearby Toyota dealership is showing up. It even has their graphic overlays on it with THEIR NUMBER! HA

DealerCom has had a hard time fixing this problem and don't really know how to fix it.

Anyone else dealt with this?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Technically this would only happen if Dealer.Com's DMS integration is having issues (if thats who you use)
If Dealer.Com gets a feed from your lot management company (Dealer Specialties / Homenet etc) then this may be an issue with either Dealer.Com's import or the feed to them from DS/Homenet

Technically this would only happen if...

Smit, there are amazingy complex inventory distribution configurations that are outside your experiences. These custom built, rules based models make my head spin when I open the hood and look at them.

With what little we know so far, this sounds like it's a GST Toyota dealer (Gulf State Toyota) that has a competitor that's incorrectly posting their inventory (possibly like Jan mentioned).

Smit, there are amazingy complex inventory distribution configurations that are outside your experiences.

Ouch.
You are assuming (and you know what that does) that I dont know what I am talking about.
I have worked in IT for over 8 years with car dealerships.
I wrote the darn software that sends feeds for dealerships.
I probably know more about data exchange between vendors than you think I do.
I could rattle out a few links of work I have done but I fear this post than getting moderated as promotion/sales (has happened in the past)
Having said that, here is my "Theory" based on my experience.

Sam and (the toyota dealer next door) have an overlapping vendor that manages their inventory
Somehow someone fat fingered an export and now send both of their inventories to Dealer.Com under their account.
Dealer.Com is simply showing what its getting.

Joe I know you still could run circles around me with your knowledge, but go easy on me. I am just trying to help.

You are assuming that I dont know what I am talking about.

Smit, I NEVER EVER said you aren't smart, re-read what I said:"inventory distribution configurations that are outside your experiences." Experiences, Not knowledge! I am speaking about wild ass inventory configs, look deeper at my reply, you'll see where I was going:

Gulf States Toyota Distributors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New 2014 Toyota Camry, Corolla, Avalon, Sienna, Tundra or Venza | Toyota Dallas (5300 units for sale)
New 2014 Toyota Cars in Plano | Corolla, Camry, Prius, Highlander & Sienna - serving Dallas, Lewisville and McKinney (6800 units for sale)
They're not duped units, they're not fake units, it's shared inventory system we built for GST

See it's structure easily: New 2014 Toyota Cars in Plano | Corolla, Camry, Prius, Highlander & Sienna - serving Dallas, Lewisville and McKinney

Now that's a wild ass inventory config that just might tie to this complaint!

Last edited:
I had this happen to me about 2 years ago. Do you use a Vinsolutions camaera to upload your photos? I remember that vinsolutions had an update on their camera that I didn't install and random cars of other dealers were being imported to our website (DDC)