• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Page 1 Saturation

CAORYAN

Boss
May 28, 2009
First Name
Ryan
So a friend of mine recently contacted me about his search results when searching for his company name. Being that I play around with SEO a lot I gave him some quick ideas. I am a big fan of page saturation for many reasons but it is so easy to do.

So what comes up when you search "My Dealer"? Bad reviews?, Other dealers SEO efforts?, etc...

So everyone is so interested in microsites but not many dealers use them for page saturation. If you show up in a positive manner in the top ten when people search your dealer name you are in good shape and you control the real estate. This results in no bad feedback with the exception of google local reviews. Of which by the way now offer through your local profile a highlighted option for only $25 monthly. I am about to test that and see how effective it is. I will let you know.

So give me some answers, right! Ok so this is what I do, google all of your competitors names and see what directories, profiles, etc... are ranking for them on the first page, 2) add your dealership info to every free account possible (merchant circle, yelp if applies, even sites like this one, and automotive dd). Microsites can be used for this very reason as well. You have to way out the option of ROI of course but can you afford to have bad comments showing directly under your link on Google? Not me!

Craigslist is great because it ranks so well but Google will drop it just as fast as it ranks it. I have seen a craigslist ad for a tough keyword in a aggressive market make it on the top portion of the first page but fall in 3 days and can't be found. Again you are looking at to much work unless you have templates you through up on a regular basis.

I remember when Carsdirect was offering a micro site with the purchase of a new product. This was effective because i see them rank pretty well for some dealers. Again....automotive website linking back to your site is always a plus anyways.

Do you own the real estate on the first page of google for your dealer name?