• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Parts and Accesories E-commerce

tima

Full Sticker + Prep
Jun 29, 2010
First Name
Tim
Greetings all:
We are just beginning to think about truly going into the parts and accessories business on our website. With so much involved in this (shopping carts, cataloging, credit card/Paypal acceptance etc...etc... I am kind of at a loss as to where to start. Are there vendors, consultants, or specialty firms that might be able to provide some guidance. Or, do any of you on this forum conduct e-commerce on your sites that could provide advice? As always, thanks.
Best,
Tim Alvoid

Tim,

Give the folks at New Perspective Web Solutions (Web Company Designing Web Solutions Worcester Mass | NPWS) a call - they developed the accessories site for Patrick VW and I have personally used their site a number of times to order products for my VW - Volkswagen Accessories, Saab Accessories, Subaru Accessories

There are other vendors including Izmo AOA (in-store kiosk & online accessories configurator), Parts.com parts catalog & Insignia Group...but if you're looking for a turn-key accessories site/shopping cart/secure payment/shipping, check them out!

I have no affiliation with this company, I just know a good product when I see (and personally use) one!

Greg Anderson - Dealer.com

Eric,

They definitely have other dealers using them, including:

Regarding increase in business, they've received over $500 from me in 4 online transactions in the past 4 years but I can't comment on what type of monthly/yearly revenue they generate...BUT, the site has been out there since 2007/2008 and I have to guess that they're not unhappy with the results? Otherwise, this site would be shut off by now!

I spoke with the guys over @ New Perspectives this morning and let them know to expect some calls from dealers looking to take online accessories to the next level. He mentioned that they have a fully managed solution, but if successful you'll reach a saturation point and need to add on a full-time person to handle shipping & fulfillment. Keep in mind, there is an art to selling accessories online...a combination of pricing & volume. The volume must be there to help enter the market with pricing (since you're not the first dealer to enter the online accessories game!).

I'm unfamiliar with costs but I'm sure they'll be able to help you out!

Best of luck guys!

Greg Anderson