• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Payplan for Internet Employee?

At Checkered Flag, I developed a tiered commission/bonus plan based on outbound calls, appointments made, show rate - the performance elements the ISR controls/influences. This was in addition to an hourly rate.

In my current world, there is a true draw against commission based on the same elements of the individual's performance but, those elements are not tiered. I know how many calls I want each ISR to make every hour, day, month. With their skills, I know the results (appointments made, shows, sold) I can expect. An average performer will earn his/her draw. A star will hit it out of the park and earn a hefty sum.

Two, very different, environments and, two distinctly different pay plans.

I completely agree with Alex in that the pay plan has to be designed to suit the environment - to include the skills and experience of the individuals, as well as the objectives.

Consider your objectives: available opportunities (leads to be contacted), outbound call objectives; apply acceptable rates of performance (appointment rate, show rate, sold rate).

I am struggling with this same issue. I'm new to this dealership but have been in automotive sales just over a year, selling a different brand. Half of that was in internet sales. Let me add to this that fact that I have a history of sales, software, internet, website and SEO that relate specifically to this position. We have a nice website and I know that we need to do some tweaking to get our rankings up in some areas. The responsibilities are spread out over several people, and so far what I see is ineffective and confusing. I am putting together a proposal to meet with the main person that oversees the website next week. I would like to include a proposal for my focusing on getting an internet department organized, with web leads / conversions that are measurable. This proposal will also include a compensation package for myself. The posts here are for a manager / director level, which I don't think would be appropriate just yet. Any ideas what would be a realistic plan, based on having little internet sales now? (Internet sales account for approx 5 per month out of a total of 80 for the dealership.)