• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Percentage of Sales From Repeat Customers

Experiments like this are always funny to me. My answers across a few platforms ranged from "there's no such thing as loyalty anymore" (yikes!) to 80%. Delusional on both sides, IMO. If anyone is interested, I have run at 31% this year.
31% for a volume franchise store is really strong in my opinion.

My number runs much higher BECAUSE I am a low volume store. If I were to ramp up my marketing and inventory to boost my volume, my percentage would instantly drop.

31% for a volume franchise store is really strong in my opinion.

My number runs much higher BECAUSE I am a low volume store. If I were to ramp up my marketing and inventory to boost my volume, my percentage would instantly drop.
Yeah, I definitely understand the aspect of different types of lots. I was more discussing comparable stores to mine.

Reactions: Tallcool1
In a former life we tracked this in about as many ways as you can. Here are the stats up to '22.

This looks at about 200 dealerships. To qualify customer had to have been in the dms with at least one purchase.

Long story short... 35% of your monthly sales should have spent a dollar with you before. That hasn't been the case for the past few years because of inventory shortages, but that should be the goal moving forward.

I believe Alex's logic 100% and would consider these averages the floor

1722447107627.png

1722447148450.png

In a former life we tracked this in about as many ways as you can. Here are the stats up to '22.

This looks at about 200 dealerships. To qualify customer had to have been in the dms with at least one purchase.

I believe Alex's logic 100% and would consider these averages the floor

View attachment 9058

View attachment 9059
Is there anything that you DIDN'T track @jon.berna ? Your analytical past is incredible! :bow: