• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

PPC Campaign

CAORYAN

Boss
May 28, 2009
First Name
Ryan
After checking some PPC campaigns out around the country I notice a couple common themes.

1) a lot of dealers using proxy sites
2) a lot of dealers have poor ads
3) a lot of dealers direct everyone to home page
4) a lot of dealers use the same ad over and over for different keywords

If you have a used car ppc campaign and you land people on your homepage you are doing yourself an injustice. Have them land on your inventory or a specials page of pre-owned vehicles.

Run an ad for cars under 10k and have them land on inventory page under 10k.

Run an ad for makes and so on...

This may be a lot of work for your provider but you are paying them to do it.

If you have a competitor and you want to know what he is doing check out #1 Keyword Software & Keyword Tool for Keyword Research & Tracking. Great tool!

1) a lot of dealers using proxy sites
2) a lot of dealers have poor ads
3) a lot of dealers direct everyone to home page
4) a lot of dealers use the same ad over and over for different keywords

If #1 is true, then number 2,3,4 are the VENDORS fault, or the dealer not checking up on the vendor. As I don't think dealers themselves are setting or maintaining proxy sites.

So you're the *^$@(*_*^ ckickin' my PAY per Click ads! The least you could do is fillout some lead forms to Juice my ROI !!

LMAO!! So true!

There's a lot of choices between PPC vendors out there. Including an increasing amount of third party website providers that are including it for themselves. Even as an agency we have a direct relationship with Google for campaigns that qualify.

That being said, #2 is really the only one that dealers have control over. The rest are most likely related to the campaign automation vendor tools either restrictions or inattention.

A few best practices...

1) Get a list of campaigns/ad groups from your provider. Provide the URL you want those terms to land on so there's no confusion

2) Leverage your providers expertise, but offer a few of your own ad copy suggestions. Google lets you rotate the ads so you can optimize over time

3) Talk with the experts at your SEM provider. They'll help optimize your site and will invaluable in creating the maximum impact for your efforts