• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Product Ideas.

AnthonyMaher

Full Sticker
Jul 11, 2018
First Name
Anthony
Ever had an idea for a product/service that would actually make your life easier? As a developer it would be great to hear ideas from people in the industry about products or services that they would actually use - maybe I can build something for the community here.

I had one idea a while ago, what if there was a service that could aggregate the specs and auction selling prices of vehicles, so that buyers had a quick reference guide as to the market movements on a particular type of vehicle.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
  1. No on is taking advantage of biometrics in automotive. Sheesh, you could white label or license from a group like https://findface.pro/en/industries/face-recognition-for-retail.html and cross reference online with offline. How many dealers actually know who is walking in the front door??? Granted, you'd probably have to install something physical (tap) in order to execute and there lies your challenge.
  2. No one is really taking advantage of video the right ways in terms of a total delivery platform. YouTube for Automotive (self-hosted videos) or if they did they aren't doing it right and I've never seen it. IOW, offer users everything that YT does, plus all of the bells and whistles of automotive attributes, which aren't easy to apply via YouTube (within their description areas). Shit gets buried on YT.

Reactions: AnthonyMaher
  1. No on is taking advantage of biometrics in automotive. Sheesh, you could white label or license from a group like https://findface.pro/en/industries/face-recognition-for-retail.html and cross reference online with offline. How many dealers actually know who is walking in the front door??? Granted, you'd probably have to install something physical (tap) in order to execute and there lies your challenge.
  2. No one is really taking advantage of video the right ways in terms of a total delivery platform. YouTube for Automotive (self-hosted videos) or if they did they aren't doing it right and I've never seen it. IOW, offer users everything that YT does, plus all of the bells and whistles of automotive attributes, which aren't easy to apply via YouTube (within their description areas). Shit gets buried on YT.

With respect to 1 maybe you could offer some sort of contest using a wifi or bluetooth competition to obtain data, or feed the personal info in an enquiry into a third party data profiling system.

2 seems like it would be pretty achievable, it'd just be a case of properly connecting your data points (inventory feed) to create videos and then feeding that properly to youtube and other video platforms via their API- might look into the viability of that one.

• Useful
With respect to 1 maybe you could offer some sort of contest using a wifi or bluetooth competition to obtain data, or feed the personal info in an enquiry into a third party data profiling system.

2 seems like it would be pretty achievable, it'd just be a case of properly connecting your data points (inventory feed) to create videos and then feeding that properly to youtube and other video platforms via their API- might look into the viability of that one.
Sounds smart...

#2 I am already going after... and you're right. I've a licensed feed from a video production group. Access to ~50,000 mp4 videos. Can't show more than this. Dealers will be able to submit videos (user-generated content) to an extent, as well as be featured, etc. Will require massive hosting, if expanded.
MBXH4HZ.jpg

AOzeAFM.jpg

Last edited:
Ever had an idea for a product/service that would actually make your life easier? As a developer it would be great to hear ideas from people in the industry about products or services that they would actually use - maybe I can build something for the community here.

I had one idea a while ago, what if there was a service that could aggregate the specs and auction selling prices of vehicles, so that buyers had a quick reference guide as to the market movements on a particular type of vehicle.

Something that would cross reference MSRP's and that vehicles corresponding rate of depreciation in order to find the point of highest demand.

• Useful
Ok give me your thoughts on this ....