• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes for Inventory

Actually no, that would be too difficult. One store. One website.
If your VDP URLs are like this: VehicleDetails/used-2020-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LTZ-KIRKSVILLE-MO/5138833700 then you probably need your website vendor to provide a feed of vehicles with their URL, because they aren't VIN or stock number based.
If your website vendor can do that, I can probably find a solution for you.

If your website provider can't, there are website scraping options that will copy every VDP and save it to a list, but that's much less reliable in the long run.

If your VDP URLs are like this: VehicleDetails/used-2020-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LTZ-KIRKSVILLE-MO/5138833700 then you probably need your website vendor to provide a feed of vehicles with their URL, because they aren't VIN or stock number based.
If your website vendor can do that, I can probably find a solution for you.

If your website provider can't, there are website scraping options that will copy every VDP and save it to a list, but that's much less reliable in the long run.
Yes, that's correct. And that's what I was worried about as soon as you mentioned that. I will have to look into it.

Reactions: craigh
If you have HomeNet or vAuto, they can do that for you through their window stickers solution. Shouldn't cost you any extra.
I have both, but I don't think they can do the UTM tagging. That my main reason for doing it. I have a lot of Events and Goals set up in my GA and my idea is to also be able to see what people are looking at on the lot when we're not there.

I have both, but I don't think they can do the UTM tagging. That my main reason for doing it. I have a lot of Events and Goals set up in my GA and my idea is to also be able to see what people are looking at on the lot when we're not there.
You can do it with HomeNet as long as you have the original website URL in there - we use DDC now, but I did use to have a CDK site where I had their URL pulling in. From there I just used data conversions to append the URL field using the UTM tags you need. Message me, happy to assist however I can.

Reactions: craigh