• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes for Inventory

If your VDP URLs are like this: VehicleDetails/used-2020-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LTZ-KIRKSVILLE-MO/5138833700 then you probably need your website vendor to provide a feed of vehicles with their URL, because they aren't VIN or stock number based.
If your website vendor can do that, I can probably find a solution for you.

If your website provider can't, there are website scraping options that will copy every VDP and save it to a list, but that's much less reliable in the long run.
The links now include the VIN number.

The links now include the VIN number.
I think you might be in much better shape now.

It appears that you can pass anything at all in the URL, as long as the VIN is at the end.

https://www.kirksvillemotorcompany.com/VehicleDetails/anything-at-all/3GCUYGED0LG418279
https://www.kirksvillemotorcompany.com/VehicleDetails/anything-at-all/1GTEK14Z16Z140349

If you have Homenet and can setup an export of your inventory, you can now build VDP URLs with just the VIN.
What format do you need the QR codes in? What is the workflow that makes this easiest for you?

The QR codes will always be an image file, so you either need an API you can hit that returns that image or another way to get those images into the place you want them (ie: window stickers).

I think I'm going to do this with our lot inventory as well. I'm curious to see how many people are viewing these cars using the QR code. Makes for a great audience to retarget on social media!
There are just so many people that come into the lot when they know we aren't there. You know how that goes watching them pile in after we leave.

I just think it's a great opportunity to see what people are looking at when we are gone. Plus then being able to track their activity on the site after looking at it.

Seems to me that a customer looking at a vehicle on the lot and then completing some GA events is about the highest level of engagement that you can get.

We have enough set up that we are able to make reasonable predictions about when a vehicle is going to sell already. We then go wash the rig up, slap some tire shine on it, and make any repairs that might have slipped through the cracks so it's standing tall when the customer visits.

We also make our pricing adjustments with the data in mind. This will add to that. If I can see someone hopped on the lot and had a lot of engagement on the site I might hold off on the price adjustment a little longer.

Just talking out loud now.

A QR code is just an encoded text string. To do it, go to your store page, copy the url and paste it into the online QR code generator. However ... I can only speak for myself, but ... if I go to the webxloo record fair, I don't want to pay for discogs. The idea is to get something cheaper.In addition, if people are looking for prices for your products, it will slow down their browsing, so you are likely to have a lot fewer buyers

Doubtful. Have you checked with your website provider? I believe there are a few that can produce a code that links to the vehicles VDP.

Also: It's been awhile since I have read through this thread but it's one of the older and longest threads on DR and it may offer some options - https://forum.dealerrefresh.com/threads/qr-codes-in-or-out.1728
Hi Jeff, can you let me know how much that service costs? i think we were looking at them (or something similar) a few years back