• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Quality Vehicle Delivery Companies for Dealers

Dec 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Bill
We are a small, rural dealer in Northeast Missouri and do not have the infrastructure or equipment to do long-distance deliveries (yet). We deliver vehicles, but usually no more than 300 miles in one direction. We are fortunate to at least have a small airport close to us, so people do fly in from time-to-time. We do a decent job of selling to out-of-market customers, but I know that this is only going to continue to grow. I know that there are companies out there that will do customer drop-offs, but I'm wondering if anyone has a platform where they not only deliver the vehicle but also provide a quality delivery like the guest would get at the dealership.

Two forum sponsors make shipping (customer delivery) simple: AutoSled and Montway. As a consumer, I have been on the receiving end and was thrilled with my experiences! The drivers were super nice and did their best to give me a delivery walkaround even though it wasn't necessary.

Two forum sponsors make shipping (customer delivery) simple: Montway and AutoSled. As a consumer, I have been on the receiving end and was thrilled with my experiences! The drivers were super nice and did their best to give me a delivery walkaround even though it wasn't necessary.
Do they broker it out? Half the battle is getting someone that can speak English (and speak it clearly). I wonder how they handle that aspect. Shipping from auction to dealer or dealer to dealer isn't as big of a deal, but from a customer's perspective, communication is probably the most important next to meeting promise times.

Do they broker it out? Half the battle is getting someone that can speak English (and speak it clearly). I wonder how they handle that aspect. Shipping from auction to dealer or dealer to dealer isn't as big of a deal, but from a customer's perspective, communication is probably the most important next to meeting promise times.

My experiences were with English-speaking drivers. I was very surprised by how enthusiastic they were about the cars. I have done some shipping, too, and never met someone who had a language barrier.

Two forum sponsors make shipping (customer delivery) simple: AutoSled and Montway. As a consumer, I have been on the receiving end and was thrilled with my experiences! The drivers were super nice and did their best to give me a delivery walkaround even though it wasn't necessary.
When I spoke with AutoSled it didn't sound like this aspect was much a part of the business. It was just kind of a "Yeah, we will do that." I was looking for it to be more of a selling point to them. Just sounded like something they would be willing to do rather than being a viable part of their business model.

Hey Bill - my name is Mike and I'm with Autosled. Let me start by saying that you aren't far off with your assumption. As I'm sure you're well aware, the majority of vehicles transported are B2B shipments, and that is our primary focus. However, as our company grew and our dealer partners began to really appreciate our platform, we began to organically receive an ever increasing number of residential, door-to-door shipments. And you know full well the amount of hands-on attention and customer service that retail customers need in order to feel like they're in good hands. So to that point, we've recently made some major improvements to our residential shipping service - we call it Autosled Direct.

Right from the start, we make it easy to set up a shipment. We give you the flexibility to either handle these through your account, or we can bill the customer separately - you can be involved as much or as little as you like. There are simple forms attached to our website, so either you or your customer can get the process started at anytime. A real person will review and handle every single load that comes through. The customer will receive communication via email, or phone if desired. We also send them a link to a shipment viewer (pic attached) so they can monitor and track ETAs in real time.

And agreed, communication is so important in these. Our team stays on top of it to make sure that information is going two ways throughout the process. Plus these moves receive all the same benefits that we've developed for dealers - like photo BOLs, complete insurance coverage, etc. I could go on, but I don't want to write a novel. I'd be happy to get on a call sometime and talk about your situation. Feel free to add me on LinkedIn -> https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-t-buerger/

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-15 112626.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-15 112626.png
    847.4 KB · Views: 5
Hey Bill - my name is Mike and I'm with Autosled. Let me start by saying that you aren't far off with your assumption. As I'm sure you're well aware, the majority of vehicles transported are B2B shipments, and that is our primary focus. However, as our company grew and our dealer partners began to really appreciate our platform, we began to organically receive an ever increasing number of residential, door-to-door shipments. And you know full well the amount of hands-on attention and customer service that retail customers need in order to feel like they're in good hands. So to that point, we've recently made some major improvements to our residential shipping service - we call it Autosled Direct.

Right from the start, we make it easy to set up a shipment. We give you the flexibility to either handle these through your account, or we can bill the customer separately - you can be involved as much or as little as you like. There are simple forms attached to our website, so either you or your customer can get the process started at anytime. A real person will review and handle every single load that comes through. The customer will receive communication via email, or phone if desired. We also send them a link to a shipment viewer (pic attached) so they can monitor and track ETAs in real time.

And agreed, communication is so important in these. Our team stays on top of it to make sure that information is going two ways throughout the process. Plus these moves receive all the same benefits that we've developed for dealers - like photo BOLs, complete insurance coverage, etc. I could go on, but I don't want to write a novel. I'd be happy to get on a call sometime and talk about your situation. Feel free to add me on LinkedIn -> https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-t-buerger/
Appreciate it, Mike. Looking forward to trying it out as soon as we have an opportunity. Love the shipment tracker, too.

Reactions: Alex Snyder