• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Question for the MD Dealers out there...Or anyone, for that matter.

Having the car on the website and merchandised tells you they were trying to retail it. Unless there was something in the comments that disclosed that the vehicle was for sale as-is to anyone outside the state of Maryland then I would question their actions.

Blake, why did you link to Koons Toyo Westminster? I like how they have perfect score on DealerRater. 4.9. A toyo dealer that has a 4.9 only tells me one thing...

They cherry pick what customers they are sending to DealerRater for reviews. I always wonder if a customer finds that too good to be true? But I guess that could be another post.

Not when the car was merchandised, Yago. I can see if someone wonders in off the lot and chooses some car way off in the corner. But you don't go through the effort of merchandising a unit without the intent to retail it.

With that listing, a denied client can make a stink with the AG, I do believe. That listing will constitute a legal offer of sale.

Yeap, I made that comment before he showed the listing and based on the fact that he said that they showed him a car in the back of the dealer and that they told him it hadn't been thru safety. At that point it looked like poor judgement from the salesperson.

Blake, why did you link to Koons Toyo Westminster?

Sorry for the delay, I've been slammed at work.

Jeff, Toyo Westminster was the offending dealership from the OP's post. I arrived at the conclusion based on the screen shot:

1. "WOW Price" is Koon's specific.
2. The first sentence in the vehicle description says "Thank you for choosing Westminster..."

This is one situation when I don't mind being a tattle tale, this type of bad business hurts us all and needs to stop.