• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Question for the Wordpress go to guys

Thanks for the help and advice guys. I greatly appreciate it! The problem I'm running into is one of the websites requires the visitors to register to gain access to the site. With my current setup right now with Joomla, once the consumer registers on the website, a confirmation email is sent to the email address they imputed that contains a unique control number / ID number and a unique confirmation link. They have to open their email and confirm the registration by clicking on the confirmation link. They have one user name / password to access the entire site. From my current understanding with WP, the user would have to re-enter their UN / PW each time they clicked on a profit center if I go with multiple themes if I understand this correctly because they are separate sites. Please let me know if I not correct.

Rick, that should not be an issue. As long as the sites are referencing the same database, they will all have access to your user registration. Meaning you can register on one site and log into all three, because they reference the same database of usernames and passwords.

If the sites were actually completely separate wordpress entities (rather than different themes) it would require you to remap two of the wordpress sites to the others database for registration and username/password information. It can be done either way (but keeping one wordpress with multiple themes will be easier to maintain and less work for you).