• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reputation Management Companies: Best and Worst

JD Rucker

Give Away Artist
Feb 12, 2010
First Name
JD
I am looking for a reputation management company that is good enough to recommend to my clients. I'm on the verge of selecting one in particular but I don't want to pull the trigger until I get feedback from the community. Good ones? Bad ones? Big, small, doesn't matter. What are your experiences or what have you heard? Thanks!

I haven't shopped around too much on this but we have the certified360 package through Dealer Rater and enjoy seeing the daily updates on our new startup's reputation. A bit costly at $299/month but pulls all mentions of your business and social shares etc on the net and gives us some name cachet as serious shoppers know the name Dealer Rater.

Thank you all for the feedback. Last call - I have one more company to review (if I can get on the phone with George Nenni!) and then we'll be making our decision. The range from good to bad so far has been much wider than expected.

The best and worst company to manage your reputation is no other than the culture of your own store.

I agree. It is unfortunate that "reputation management" has become the term that has stuck for describing transactional social engagement and reputation tracking. A good reputation company is one that helps engage, amplify and track the good feelings that are created by delivering solid products and services in store.

-Michael Sos
Product Manager for Dominion's Prime Response Reputation Management and Social Solutions

JD - You just have to make sure you are on top of it. Even if you feel it is all good and don't need rep management anymore. No one is perfect so there will always be issues you have to address because consumers always want to spread the word on a bad influence but not as much on a good one. How you handle the bad ones speaks volumes for your client.