• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds Capcha

Not to break the party but... out of all the lawsuits CraigsList made in the past against people trying to post ads into their system the only ones that were successful (to my knowledge) where the ones where they were able to prove that the systems were breaking (automating) the captcha since that was considered to be a security system (like a physical lock). Probably no concerns for the user (dealer/vendor) unless dealer signed something to this effect, but definitely something you may look into it (whether breaking captcha is good or not).

Not having to deal with capcha for query builder, report generator and scheduler operations completely changes the game for many vendors who have permission to retrieve dealership data but are thwarted by capcha. I view smooth, efficient, data transfer as a good thing.

1. We opened a ticket with Reynolds 6 months ago to get one of our internal accounts whitelisted for inventory pulls, got assurance from the head of department that they would take care of it, and then they did nothing and we are still waiting. Not a feasible solution.
  2. There is software in place that helps with this, but they keep updating their captcha setup to be more obnoxious.

1. We opened a ticket with Reynolds 6 months ago to get one of our internal accounts whitelisted for inventory pulls, got assurance from the head of department that they would take care of it, and then they did nothing and we are still waiting. Not a feasible solution.
  2. There is software in place that helps with this, but they keep updating their captcha setup to be more obnoxious.

Will your open ticket have a birthday party when it hits 1 year?

Reactions: craigh
Reynolds clearly has been trying to monetize Dealers data that does not belong to them by forcing vendors into the "certification process". Those of us who have chosen not to be forced to "Pay to Play" have been on a mission to automate the process of acquiring necessary data. Captcha was rolled out to ensure that a human is at the keyboard. I am pleased to say our developers have solved the issue without opening a ticket. Automation is a reality once again.