• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds Capcha

On the Canadian side it is for sure. I just got confirmation from Reynolds in person.

Their other reporting tools will be coming to Canada (Dynamic Reporting) to ensure data can still be pulled slowly and excruciatingly with multiple captchas.

On the Canadian side it is for sure. I just got confirmation from Reynolds in person.

Their other reporting tools will be coming to Canada (Dynamic Reporting) to ensure data can still be pulled slowly and excruciatingly with multiple captchas.

I'm not familiar with Dynamic Reporting. Would anyone be willing to share this process? Are there any limitations with polling large amounts of data?

I'm not familiar with Dynamic Reporting. Would anyone be willing to share this process? Are there any limitations with polling large amounts of data?

Not as many limits on that front, but it's laden down with captchas and a lack of scheduling support so you can't automate the extraction of data. It does, finally, let us query two silos at the same time if they can be joined on a unique identifier like customer number or VIN.

Do we know for sure query builder is disappearing? How are dealers to poll data from their own system if this happens?

Yes it is. You should have received a red/orange envelope from Reynolds marked important with all the instructions on how to move move to RMI inside. I have moved a lot of reports over and after filing a few system bugs it's really smooth and a lot faster then query builder. If everything is schedules you can download all your reports at once and only have one Captcha.

Is RMI inside different than Dynamic Reporting?
Our issue up here in Canada is that they're shutting off Query Builder and the alternative doesn't work...

It's the same thing. I don't think anyone will ever understand Reynolds naming conventions. The instructions I have inforton of me say RMI Dynamic Reporting Quick Reference Guide (ZB246). I'm surprised even for a company like reynolds that the systems would vary so much from the US to Canada.

Just a quick update here:
  1. Query Builder is now gone. We had the option to upgrade when we were ready and we were very well informed
  2. Dynamic Reporting is now working and we haven't been kicked off yet!
  3. Converting all our Query Builder scripts to Dynamic Reporting was fairly seamless. We had to manually add back the criteria, but the rest was automatic
  4. Everything is now faster and better than ever before (I'm as surprised as you are)