• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds & Reynolds New Security?

If this isn't adding insult to injury! I thought these were random? This really came up today.

Enter the character combination on the screen.

..HHHHH....HH..HH..HH..
..HHHHHH..HHHH.HH..HH..
..HH..HH..HHHH.HHHHHH..
..HHHHHH.HH..HH.HHHH...
..HHHHH..HHHHHH..HH....
..HHH....HH..HH..HH....
..HHH....HH..HH..HH....

RESPONSE : PAY

How appropriate.

Should there should be a thread just for the funny captchas from ERA users.

We are still LOAO. I'll bet the person writing the checks isn't though.

:D

Are you serious, they are using ASCII art for their security questions now? No way...

reyns.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas... we no longer have Advanced Reporting so that login didn't work :(

The Desking login seems less useful... no unix shell, just right into some sort of query responder. I watched Desking interact with the server but I'm not sure how to apply this ability to my needs (extracting data).

I have been getting a ton of mail requesting information on accomplishing this. Since I am no longer a Reynolds Customer I have not needed to use the shell access that used to exist. I have recently tried the username and pass i used to use and it is no longer valid. However, for those of you who understand OleDB there is a valid username / password combo that will dump you into the database.

As it appears the 6910 reports are becoming a joke with all the end user questions they are posting.

I did try Query Builder with great success, how you would run this remotely I am not sure, but it does for efficient data extraction on site. Interestingly you can pass shell commands to the 7601 executable by pasting from your clipboard.

Just a thought.

Jarrett, Interesting information, especially about the UniVerse. We were never actually sure which IBM platform they were using.

Our company is a third party vendor and there are even more changes coming out in the next few months. I just saw notice that ERAlink will be replaced effective 12/31/2010 with ERAaccess. At the time, all serial connections will have to be updated and no telnet based emuolators will work any longer.

Remote access will still be avilable, but only through approved reynolds channels.