• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ReyRey Contact Management Questions

Mar 2, 2012
First Name
Jeremy
I am stepping into a new position at a facility that uses ReyRey Contact Manager as a CRM and ILM, integrating into the ERA DMS. I am not formally trained on the interface yet, but from everything that I am seeing (and reading via various posts on this forum) is that CM is not that great of a solution for handling internet leads. Anyone else out there have any input on this?

From what I have noticed thus far, CM does not do a great job Alerting my Internet Manager when a fresh lead comes in, nor does it allow the ability to consistently respond from a mobile device.

Additionallu, the follow up scheduling seems to be very limited as well. Unless I am seeing this wrong, I cannot get it to initiate a new schedule once a status has changed from one to the next. As soon as a status is updated, I would like to initiate another set of follow up activites and remove the previously scheduled ones. Can this be done? Also, can I initiate a email activity based on the results of a phone call activity?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Actually building processes is CM's strong suit. If you call tech support they can walk you through this in 5 minutes.

The rest of the tool gives me nothing but indigestion.
1. No way to sift/sort prospects by type and status.
2. No way to identify active prospects without a future activity scheduled.
3. Wonky search tool doesn't allow multi choices in search fields/drop downs
4. Uber complex prospect screens and tabs.

And the list goes on.

Rey Rey isnt the easist to use but let me say if you can you use rey rey you can go to any CRM in the world. Hang tight with rey rey like they said new interface is coming and I think it will be one of the top three big dog CRM systems out there. Remember a CRM system is only as good as what you do and put into it!

Actually building processes is CM's strong suit. If you call tech support they can walk you through this in 5 minutes.

The rest of the tool gives me nothing but indigestion.
1. No way to sift/sort prospects by type and status.
2. No way to identify active prospects without a future activity scheduled.
3. Wonky search tool doesn't allow multi choices in search fields/drop downs
4. Uber complex prospect screens and tabs.

And the list goes on.

I've had ReyRey CM for 5 years and have struggled to make it be able to do things how it would "logically" make sense but have manipulated it to still be a able to do about 85% of what I need it to so feel free to email or call me with any questions because I can assure you I have had the same questions.... As far as the "Status" functionality... Your best bet is forget that drop down box even exists. You can not make a process or schedule modify by changing this. All you can do with it is simply stop the follow up by marking it Sold or Inactive/Dead. And once making something either of these changing the prospect back to an active status will not start follow up again. The only thing status is useful for is to destinquish different follow up schedules for different propects. All the status changes that would normally trigger different follow up processes all have to be done with the activity results and can be quite combersome to plan out. But like I said, feel free to call or email me and I'll help you with some things that has helped me be able to manage to function with CM.

On a brighter note, we are only months away from our contract ending and going with a real CRM and seems as if we are leaning towards VIN or Auto Accelerator

I've had ReyRey CM for 5 years...On a brighter note, we are only months away from our contract ending and going with a real CRM and seems as if we are leaning towards VIN or Auto Accelerator

We used REYREY for 5 years as well. We just switched over to the new dealer.com CRM and 1st impressions are very positive. It is still being rolled out but the technology and brain power behind it is awesome. PM me if you'd lift to know more.