• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ReyRey CRM... How to best utilize this outdated CRM?

tomfohr

CSI Bandit
Dec 15, 2011
First Name
Tom
So, I'm sure there is a fair share of us here who are unfortunately stuck in a long term contract with ReyRey CRM and dreaming of the days we could see some of the advanced technology that just about every other CRM in the industry is offering. I figured I'd start a thread for all of us to share our tips/tricks/best practices on how we can utilize this old dog to the best of it's ability....

One thing that has dramatically helped the functionality of ReyRey for us was upgrading to the CallBright integration. If you haven't seen this yet, you probably have been wondering what the point of the Phone Traffic button was or does like I was but I am glad I got curious because Reynold never tried to sell us on this and it took asking what it was to find out. This feature allows you to track all inbound and outbound phone calls and it integrated directly with all your prospect records. The Click to Call feature (my favorite) allows you to find out if your sales/internet staff are actually completing the activities they claim they are.

Another thing I have played around with is trying to use some HTML coding to spice up the otherwise bland email templates/capabilites that ReyRey offers.

Curious to see what else the other ReyRey users have done to try to make ReyRey more functional...

We've popped the sales team's pictures into their 'email signature' so that when we print their letters each one has that salesperson's photo on it.

Some salespeople have really run with creating templates, everything from monthly newsletters using campaigns to prefilled prospect/sales follow up.

We rock the floor traffic tracking and subsequent prospect attachment. Haven't quite worked an awesome report to work with yet, but the DeskLog is great to see how your team is doing.

Schedules!! You can create schedules with auto/manual follow up for anything. There's no limit to how specific you can target.

People over 80K that you think should be trading in can be found in service and be contacted to trade in days after they were in service. Dropped credit applications? Follow up until they complete it. Warranty expiring? Let's renew that for you. People that haven't been in service for 12 months and 1 day, come on in we miss you. It's your birthday? Let's have our Dealer Principal send you an individualized video wishing you a great day.

We've integrated some great Fleet follow up IF they don't act on their reminders. They now get 'overdue' emails until that specific unit comes in.

We've changed over from third party reminders in service to using a DMS push to CM to schedule phone calls, emails etc through our own 'call center'.

I/we may be unique, but CM can literally do anything we want. Sometimes you have to trick the system (like the pictures), but once it's set up you are good to go.

We've popped the sales team's pictures into their 'email signature' so that when we print their letters each one has that salesperson's photo on it.

Some salespeople have really run with creating templates, everything from monthly newsletters using campaigns to prefilled prospect/sales follow up.

We rock the floor traffic tracking and subsequent prospect attachment. Haven't quite worked an awesome report to work with yet, but the DeskLog is great to see how your team is doing.

Schedules!! You can create schedules with auto/manual follow up for anything. There's no limit to how specific you can target.

People over 80K that you think should be trading in can be found in service and be contacted to trade in days after they were in service. Dropped credit applications? Follow up until they complete it. Warranty expiring? Let's renew that for you. People that haven't been in service for 12 months and 1 day, come on in we miss you. It's your birthday? Let's have our Dealer Principal send you an individualized video wishing you a great day.

We've integrated some great Fleet follow up IF they don't act on their reminders. They now get 'overdue' emails until that specific unit comes in.

We've changed over from third party reminders in service to using a DMS push to CM to schedule phone calls, emails etc through our own 'call center'.

I/we may be unique, but CM can literally do anything we want. Sometimes you have to trick the system (like the pictures), but once it's set up you are good to go.

Hey could you elaborate on your Fleet part you spoke of... Thats one department at my dealership that absolutely DOES NOT utilize ReyRey at all and would love to find a way to make it useful.

We set up "Owned Vehicle" schedules. Depending on the company and their preferred maintenance timing, we then attached those schedules to vehicles manually added (with last 5 of VIN, Unit #, Driver Name and/or Plate #).

Unit#1 for ABC Fleet shows up as an email in the Daily Work Plan, staff check last maintenance in Reynolds, add KM or Time (depending on Fleet) to the reminder email and send.

An overdue reminder comes up 3 weeks later (longer for 6 month maintenance), staff then checks if they've been in & either sends overdue reminder or tells CM "Unit Maintained" and adds the date it was completed below. (edit: Schedule then continues with a new reminder email scheduled when maintenance is due.)

If ABC Fleet has still not been in with Unit #1 email reminder is sent and a call is scheduled for Fleet Leader. We find out why no maintenance yet, usually something easy to fix - not enough KM, slow business, busy business, manager vacations etc.

Last edited: