• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Same Product - 2 alike dealers but 2 Very different results..

Uncle Joe Rule #126: Your store can't have a 5 star rating without a 5 star General!

Some advice to all hard working ISM's who's boss rides you like a rented mule, never listens to you and wont get you the support needed to succeed. Chances are high that your store has a low review score.

If you're job hunting, look at dealer reviews and only apply to those stores that have a 4star or higher rating. TAKE A PAY CUT if you have to. I'm telling you right now, the work environment will be soooo much better and what you'll learn in the new environment will make you smile on your way to work.

Reactions: 2 people
Those of us with experience in auto groups know this all too well. As a vendor you get limited information about the performance of the dealers in a comparison like this. However as an employee in an auto group with access to everything this is even more clear. A great product/vendor can bridge some of the leadership gap with an effective install, continuous support/training, high ease of use etc. but ultimately the lowest common denominator is the process owner(s). All too often organizations sign up for technology based on the shining objects and not the meat and potatoes. The meat and potatoes are usually driven by the more monotonous activities, which btw create the majority of the results for said product.

Whether it be proper customer information collection processes for CRM, effective creative writing in email marketing or reliable reporting for one on ones with your staff - all of these basics aren't exactly flashy. If they aren't done well the product's results are destined for less than stellar results.

Someone told me once that I remember well, "All of the technology and great products out there don't necessarily increase your results they just increase your odds that you will be successful if you use them correctly."