• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

second chance web pages = feedback

As a consumer, I hate them .. but that doesn't matter. If second chance pages were intelligent and showed you the last few vehicles that you looked at ... AND pulled data on similar vehicles, then I'd find them more valuable.

Dealer Websites are too busy and scattered as a whole. I don't like the talking avatars, heavy Flash interfaces, opening chat windows or trade-in calculators on the homepage. Anything that keeps me from the product is a waste of time and is confusing. That is my personal and professional opinion.

This is probably one of the best dealer Websites I've seen. Hagerstown Honda - New and Used Car Dealership Maryland | Frederick | Baltimore | DC Metro Area | Chambersburg | Martinsburg | Cumberland | Winchester Product is the main focus, and above the fold, it oozes a LOCAL BRAND and is easy to read. The big call-to-action is on the 800 number and NOT the 12,000 other ways to contact the dealership.

Sorry to get off topic ...

I also think second chance pages would work better on discount retail sites ... like Buy.com. "OMG!!! A combination blender/humidifier/sonic jewelry cleaner for only $14.95!!!" ... like on low price point/impulse purchases. But I could also see it for pre-owned inventory, if it was smart enough to gather similar vehicles that you already have been looking at.

I too have never been a fan of pop-ups or pop-unders but guess what, they work. Being a current dealeron.com client, we have their e-autosavings coupon incentive program and offers both up and under. I can't say exactly what the stats are for the pop-under but I'll see what I can get.

I too have never been a fan of pop-ups or pop-unders but guess what, they work. Being a current dealeron.com client, we have their e-autosavings coupon incentive program and offers both up and under. I can't say exactly what the stats are for the pop-under but I'll see what I can get.

Second chance is a must. If possible, third, forth chances.... If somebody is leaving to leave they are leaving anyway.. If somebody is leaving because of the deal or for another reason.... Give them another chance and reason to use you.

I had heard that e-autosavings program was quite effective. they piss me off but maybe if I only visited 1 car dealer website a year it would be no big deal.