• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service / Parts / Body Shop SEM

Robert-

Cobalt does offer Fixed Ops digital package that can be flexed up and down via your DCC login. Any of your Cobalt support team can walk you through the package and will be happy to share references that have seen very positive results.

I've had a lot better success after cancelling our SEM with Cobalt and partnering with another company. Their management fee is too high and the campaigns are not customizeable - unless I want to spend a lot more - and even then they aren't anywhere near what I can get elsewhere for 1/4 , 1/5 the cost. Based on my experience with Cobalt's Sales SEM I am not at all interested in your Fixed Ops services.

@yago , thank you as always for your feedback.

do you have one clear-cut competitive advantage you can highlight in your market area? Our Honda Dealership in Canada has Lowest Tire price guaranteed and our biggest competition is Costco so we also advertise " lower price than Costco Guaranteed "

This adwords campaign within 15kms of our store has been quite successful and there is a lot of up-sell potential once the wheels come off..

Last edited:
Not sure if this should be posted here or in the Service / Fixed Ops Section, it's a little of both, so figured I would post here.

I'm looking to start doing some SEM for our Fixed Ops (Service, Parts and Body Shop). I was wondering if any other dealers on here have tried this or are currently doing it? What type of results you've had? If you have any best practices? And if you recommend any 3rd parties (preferably GM Turn Key Vendors) that you've found to be good at this.

There are a few companies that can help you find success with Service SEM with Google/Bing. Just ask them what their strategy is and ask people you trust what they think. I'd recommend working with a provider that is a Google AdWords Premier SMB partner.

If you're looking for volume I'd also recommend you get familiar with audience targeting in Facebook. If you really want to take it to the next level upload your client list to Facebook as a target audience (or several audiences broken down by DOP or OEM). Leverage the polk data that is available. Sprinkle in some preroll ads and you're all set.

Reactions: 1 person
There are a few companies that can help you find success with Service SEM with Google/Bing. Just ask them what their strategy is and ask people you trust what they think. I'd recommend working with a provider that is a Google AdWords Premier SMB partner.

If you're looking for volume I'd also recommend you get familiar with audience targeting in Facebook. If you really want to take it to the next level upload your client list to Facebook as a target audience (or several audiences broken down by DOP or OEM). Leverage the polk data that is available. Sprinkle in some preroll ads and you're all set.

Thanks Truman. I just signed up with Showroom Logic for some Display advertising - do you all do Service SEM as well?

We are currently doing Facebook custom audience targeting based on our client list (for Sales) and have been very pleased with the results.