• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Setting up a new printer in intellipath and getting a MFP/copier to work with it

Feb 21, 2012
First Name
Dave
What is the best way to go about adding a new printer in Intellipath? I am a 3rd party IT consultant. My customer is tired of paying the high prices for lexmark supplies though they understand that there is only one brand of supported printer which is lexmark. We have had several companies approach my client with canon, xerox, Konica Multifunction copier/printers etc. Just swapping out a lexmark and entering its ip address into the copiers doesn't seem to work. I know very little about intellipath but assume that when a new printer is added some sort of driver must be used.

How do you add a new printer to intellipath?
What brands do people have working with Intellipath besides lexmark?
any tricks that had to be made to make it work?

The intellipath servers are only accessible by the TAC at RR. They don't even provide login credentials to them to anyone at the dealer level. Its also worth mentioning that the ITP server scans the printers nightly and updates the drivers. If they won't support it, youre out of luck im sorry to say.