• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Should CDK Pay the Cyber Ransom?

Probably too late now.
Too late now, but I'm talking more about in the future so that people have less reason to diversify. For instance, my appraisal tool and my inventory provider are the same. I'm thinking about switching inventory providers so that I don't have two things down at once if this happens again.

Reactions: Tallcool1
Too late now, but I'm talking more about in the future so that people have less reason to diversify. For instance, my appraisal tool and my inventory provider are the same. I'm thinking about switching inventory providers so that I don't have two things down at once if this happens again.
Oh I get what you are saying Bill and I agree.

Depending upon the architecture of their system, it might not be a simple process to segregate those components. It likely will NOT be a simple process.

Ok. That's what I thought you might have been saying. Totally get it.
Absolutely. I am in a couple of Facebook Groups that this is being discussed within. Many feel that CDK is done dealing to the degree that they will be no more. I guess we will find out. I am certain that nobody will ever tell exactly what happened here.

It's ironic that we as dealers are required to file reports per the Safeguards Rule. Within those reports, we are supposed to identify where the breach took place and what was done to fix it. It is going to be really hard to complete these reports if CDK won't tell anyone how it happened.