• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Should I build free websites for non-profits?

A

asicsmining

I'm starting out with a web-development business and this is what someone suggested me to get clients at the start.

Develop free sites for non-profits/charities in exchange for a review and referrals.

What do you guys suggest I should do? Any advice would be
helpful. Thanks!

I'm starting out with a web-development business and this is what someone suggested me to get clients at the start.

Develop free sites for non-profits/charities in exchange for a review and referrals.

What do you guys suggest I should do? Any advice would be
helpful. Thanks!
Building free websites for non-profit organizations can be a great way to contribute your skills and expertise to a cause that you believe in. It can also provide you with an opportunity to gain experience and build your portfolio.

However, before committing to building a free website, there are some important factors to consider:

1. Time and Resources: Building a website takes time and resources, so it's important to consider whether you have the capacity to complete the project. You'll need to factor in the time it takes to design, build, and launch the site, as well as ongoing maintenance and updates.
  2. Scope of the Project: It's important to define the scope of the project upfront to ensure that both you and the non-profit organization have a clear understanding of what's involved. Make sure to agree on the project's goals, timelines, and deliverables to avoid any misunderstandings or miscommunications.
  3. Expectations and Communication: You should also consider the expectations of the non-profit organization and ensure that you're aligned on the website's purpose and functionality. Communication is key to ensuring that both parties are on the same page throughout the project.
  4. Legal Considerations: Depending on the jurisdiction and type of non-profit organization, there may be legal and tax implications to consider. It's important to consult with legal and tax professionals before committing to building a free website for a non-profit.

Building a free website for a non-profit organization can be a rewarding experience, but it's important to carefully consider the time, resources, scope, expectations, and legal considerations before making a commitment.