• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Should I maintain my own dealer site or have another company do it

Brian Nguyen

Lot Lizard
Jul 24, 2011
First Name
Brian
I'm debating whether or not I should build my own website or have another company do it and maintain it for me.

I wonder what would help me more in the long run. What you guys think? Do you maintain your own website or have another company build/maintain it. Which is more beneficiary?

Few people are more qualified to answer your question than me. I'll ask you a question. Why do you feel you are qualified to build your own website

Joe, I believe you are over qualified.
Carz Performance specializes in working with high performance applications, from bone stock to heavily modified. We are willing to help you find that hidden horsepower in your engine and show you how to unlock your cars' performance.

The challenge would be fun but I would leave my dealership website in the hands of the professionals and place my time and resources in choosing the right vendor for my website then using my time and resources in driving traffic to the website.

How about plugging a Wordpress Blog into your dealership website (root directory) and using your resources to strategically acquire targeted traffic to your dealership website.

Plus as soon as you have your own website - the manufacturer could come in from behind and tell you to get rid of it.