• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Should mobile websites be free with your regular website?

You're assumptions are wrong. Who are you seriously? You're a old car dealer guy, you're so out of touch of what the internet is. I've got multiple sites that rank #1 for highly-competitive keywords. I collect checks from affiliate sources, adsense, amazon, etc. in excess of more than your house payment each month. You want to know how? I do the design work myself to convert, and because I'm a graphic designer.. I know more about SEO than anyone on here. You simply don't even know.. you're one of the older car guys who think they know everything there is to know, when in reality you haven't a clue. Want to know how effective I am? Within a week, I could you're dealership website pushed so far down in the SERPS it would lose all the traffic. You're main search keyword would be so full of negative review sites that would destroy your companies reputation. You're move? None, there's nothing you can do. So again don't come at me like that, you have no idea who I am, what I do, or what I know how to do.

This post right here proves to me that you are a young inexperienced kid. Just because you can design websites you think you know SEO more than anyone here? You collect checks from affiliate sources that are more than his monthly house payment? Who is that suppose to impress? If you say you collect checks monthly that are more than his house is worth, that's a different story. I think you are being very disrepectful and instead of running your mouth with unproven chatter, just learn from the experienced guys in this business and adapt that to your design skills.

Remember, companies like google, ebay, facebook etc wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for the older experienced people who took it and made to where it is today. A kid may create a new technology but it takes a man to fund it, shape it and take it to the next level (most of the time :). If we have no idea, please prove us wrong. Show us your work like Joe asked. Teach us a thing or two about this business.

You're assumptions are wrong. Who are you seriously? You're a old car dealer guy, you're so out of touch of what the internet is. I've got multiple sites that rank #1 for highly-competitive keywords. I collect checks from affiliate sources, adsense, amazon, etc. in excess of more than your house payment each month. You want to know how? I do the design work myself to convert, and because I'm a graphic designer.. I know more about SEO than anyone on here. You simply don't even know.. you're one of the older car guys who think they know everything there is to know, when in reality you haven't a clue. Want to know how effective I am? Within a week, I could you're dealership website pushed so far down in the SERPS it would lose all the traffic. You're main search keyword would be so full of negative review sites that would destroy your companies reputation. You're move? None, there's nothing you can do. So again don't come at me like that, you have no idea who I am, what I do, or what I know how to do.

You are wrong and you are correct to.

You don't collect more $$$ than Joe's house payment. Joe is so old (so you are correct on that one) that finished paying his house back when Jimmy Carter was president.

I do endorse Joe's calls for a website showdown. That will be a benefit for everyone.

Just read this on ReadWriteWeb.com
Google About To Launch Website Mobilizer GOMO

Excerpt: "Google is preparing to launch a new service called GOMO to mobilize websites on demand. Access to the site is currently restricted with a password, but the header image depicts a smartphone and bears the caption, "Mobilize your site now." Mobile ads are an important revenue stream for Google, so much so that it offers a range of free tools to mobilize websites. Google has found that businesses lag behind on mobile content, and GOMO - based on its tag line - seems directed at solving that problem. Fusible discovered that Google had registered the domains howtogomo.com, howtogomo.net and howtogomo.org on September 1."

Reactions: 1 person

Google is simply making it easier for businesses that don't already have a mobile site to create one. You can't just run your website through a magic mobile tool and expect to have an optimized and easy to use mobile website, just like in 1997 you couldn't just scan your business brochure and turn it into a functional website.

What does matter is this: mobile users are not only growing in numbers, but the devices they're using are becoming more and more like a desktop or laptop device; that is, fully functional internet browsers. As a dealer, it will become increasingly important over the next couple of years to ensure your inventory is searchable on-the-go (aka. on mobile devices), and doing this will involve planning and a budget to execute well.