• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Social Media Dashboards, In your opinion which is the best to use?

Rick Buffkin

Sausage King of Chicago
Oct 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Rick
Guys and girls, I'm trying to find a good / great social media dashboard to consolidate all of my social platforms without breaking the bank. I've done searches on Google and many platforms that I come across, I've never heard of before. Are there any of you that are using a particular social media dashboard that you absolutely love and all the planets aligned when you started using it? I'm going to be using this for multiple franchises and each franchise has multiple social accounts. I'm using HootSuite right now and it's ok but I would really like more out of it. Any suggestions? No, I'm not looking for a vendor to manage our social campaigns for us. Already tried that route before and it went up in flames:flame: actually faster than the Hindenburg did.

260px-Hindenburg_burning.jpg

Rick - I've been using SproutSocial for a few months now and I LOVE IT!! The iphone app is just as stellar.

The features are rich and the UI is slick.

• Publish & schedule updates across social channels with a single click
  • Monitor your brand & competition across social channels and the web
  • Connect with highly targeted customers through our Discovery tools
  • Measure success with robust reporting and analytics
  • Collaborate with our team, tasks and permissions tools
  • Manage it all on the go with Sprout Social For Mobile

I also like that you can add notes to your contracts and assign any tweet or fb post as a task and add notes to each task as a reminder to take action.

Have a tweet or fb post that gets a lot of action? You can reschedule it for the exact time and day for next week.

I've been meaning to write an article for the blog about SproutSocial. I would add it to your list!

Thanks for the Tip Jeff. Sprout Social definitely sounds very impressive. I will for sure take a look at it. Also, thank you Mitch for your input about Hootsuite Pro. I haven't used the pro version yet. I will look a little deeper at both products.

I literally just was searching on Google for Sprout Social and this was one of the first suggested searches that showed in the search bar. Ironic

Hootsuite vs Sprout Social head to head review

Thanks for sharing that article. I see it's a little dated though (2011). Lets agree, 8 months in social software is like 3 years. I'd be interested in seeing a more recent showdown between these 2 services as both have made some major improvement over te last several months.

Another one I was testing out but passed on due to price was Social Media Marketing Software by Argyle Social If the budget permits, you may want to take a look at that one as well.

I'll also take this opportunity to mention DealerSocial. I believe you can get their software only. I've had it at my Nissan dealer since it was released. It's a very strong program with a ton of features geared towards our industry specifically.

DealerSocial currently happens to have a few ads floating around here on DealerRefresh. I could also introduce you to Phil or Joe over there if you would find any interest.

One strong consideration for me is having the ability to access, post and track with a mobile application.