• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Social Media Publishing Tools?

ChrisChatt

Lot Lizard
Oct 30, 2009
First Name
Chris
Question … as we all know sooner or later most dealerships are going to have to have a Social Media Marketing (SMM) strategy. That being said for those of you that actively engaging in social media have you or are you using a social network publishing application to update multiple sites in one post? I am in the process of evaluating several but was just curious about your thoughts or preferences. So it’s clear I have listed the publishing tools below and all of them are free so no promos going on here just want some good feedback on what you guys have used.

www.cotweet.com (Twitter app that can be used to publish to multiple social networks)

www.hootsuite.com (Twitter app that can be used to publish to multiple social networks)

www.nomee.com (Desktop Application that publishes to multi social sites)

www.tweetdeck.com (Desktop Application that publishes to multi social sites)

www.ping.fm (Social app that can be used to publish across multiple social networks)

These are a few that I have and or evaluating..

I've been messing around with Seesmic · Build Your Community as my Desktop Twittter app.

Thanks for the heads up on hootsuite. First I have heard of that one. Love the embedded column feature.

Not sure of this qualifies BUT a nice addition of the Facebook to Twitter app. is a nice addition for dealers that want their fb posts to go straight to twitter.. http://www.facebook.com/twitter/

Good catch Jeff .. I forgot Seesmic. I just got access to their desktop app for Windows. From my first look at it I like the UI but it leaves a little to be desired in terms of integration witth other services like Ping. The other issue I found and it may be user error since I just downloaded it yesterday is that you cannot follow or unfollow anyone. If you are like me you have saved searches so if you run across someone interesting that you want to follow you actually have to log back into twitter. Also in regards to all the desktop publishing apps there is no ability to schedule updates.

I think it depends on your strategy. If you are updating sites that are purely business sites, i.e. dealership website, then multiple updates of the same content is probably a big time saver. If you use a business/personal combination, the updates on different sites may not be similar.

I am TweetDeck fan but as far as I know it only can update FB and Twitter but does have multiple account integration, which is very helpful.

Let's give this thread a bump. Any new tools you're using to help you manage your personal or dealerships social presence?

I've been using 2 twitter apps that are IMO a HOMERUN.

1. Buffer is a smarter way to Tweet
2. Twhistler

I'm still rocking Tweetdeck but I do wish it was a little lighter on the resources. On my Blackberry, I have resorted to the native blackberry twitter all for 2 reasons. It offers some tight integration points AND for some unknown reason, I'm unable to get UberSocial to execute on my BB9700 (that's ok - new iphone5 is in my near future).

What cool new social tools are you using?

Social media is worthless for car dealerships, best advice setup a page, build it, promote it no more than your website and let it run it's course with a few updates. Don't invest a bunch of time into it, you will not see any returns on your investment. Yes, there's so many ways you can use it, but in the end it's not worth it. I've never seen a car dealership see more than 10+ cars a month off social networking alone.

Social media is worthless for car dealerships, best advice setup a page, build it, promote it no more than your website and let it run it's course with a few updates.

LOL... let me kick the cob webs off this thread..I started this post as way to discover new SM apps and get some good feed back. That being said I don't think Social Media is worthless for car dealerships. It may not sell a bunch of cars but it does have it's place.. example.. you can leverage sm to promote service specials and positive reviews, or listen for negative reviews (think of it as instant CSI). To expand on the instant CSI .. I know dealers who have been able to achieve 100% CSI scores leveraging social media. Now considering that most of the OEM's are going electronic on their CSI surveys I would make sure you had all your bases covered.

Like everything else on this forum a lot of it is subjective and you may not agree. I just wanted to kick in my 2 cents since I started thread.

Bit of a thread resurrection here, but I came across this and thought I should post with about a site I just discovered.

www.ezyinsights.com

They have a beta release at the moment that is free and for me it has worked really well when posting to Facebook. I was particularly interested in the scheduling function since I need posts to go out when I'm not around or on vacation.